lost everything but lower tummy...

Options
I had a baby a year and a half ago, im so proud of all my progress but i feel like i have lost everything but the lower tummy, ive been lifting weights and whatnot to ad shape and muscle.. does anyone have tips on the lower tummy work outs? Also I have heard i should up my calories now that i am lifting weights to build muscle ?

Replies

• RES2333
    RES2333 Posts: 36
    Options
    First congratulations on your progress and losing the baby weight!

People lose weight in different ways..so it could be that is the last area to drop for you. I know for some the mid section is the last to go.

There is no such thing as targeted weight loss...meaning you are gonna target losing the fat from your lower stomach. Which you probably know already. Is your goal to get the abs to show? Or just looking to firm and tone your mid section?

Not sure of where you are at but if want to drop pounds first for a slimmer midsection, ramp up the cardio and after being where you want then add more ab exercises to your routine. If you just add the ab exercises now and more weight to lose that may firm up the underlying muscle and create the appearnace of larger waist.

Your post doesn't mention cardio and you may want to add that to your exercise routines. Every other day and your weights the following.

When ready, check out various ab exercises and add to your routine incorporating all types (lower abs, upper abs, obliques). Change it up with different exercises, use the swiss ball for crunches, etc.

To build muscle does require more caloric intake, but it should include more lean protein to build muscle. Lifting weights can help as the more muscle you have the more calories you can burn.
  • Natalia333
    Natalia333 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks thats helps! I do also do cardio along with the weights any where from 20 to 40 min each time... i dont really want like a "six pack" i just want a toned stomach and body!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options

People lose weight in different ways..so it could be that is the last area to drop for you. I know for some the mid section is the last to go.

There is no such thing as targeted weight loss...meaning you are gonna target losing the fat from your lower stomach. Which you probably know already. Is your goal to get the abs to show? Or just looking to firm and tone your mid section?

Not sure of where you are at but if want to drop pounds first for a slimmer midsection, ramp up the cardio and after being where you want then add more ab exercises to your routine. If you just add the ab exercises now and more weight to lose that may firm up the underlying muscle and create the appearnace of larger waist.

Your post doesn't mention cardio and you may want to add that to your exercise routines. Every other day and your weights the following.

When ready, check out various ab exercises and add to your routine incorporating all types (lower abs, upper abs, obliques). Change it up with different exercises, use the swiss ball for crunches, etc.

To build muscle does require more caloric intake, but it should include more lean protein to build muscle. Lifting weights can help as the more muscle you have the more calories you can burn.

Ths is the best response to this question EVER!! What a lovely guy you are! :drinker:
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    Google adopinectin!
  • 911Megz
    911Megz Posts: 42
    Options
    yes, what he said! :) my daughter will be two in 9 days and I still have that layer over my tummy of extra skin!
  • Natalia333
    Options
    i did, its the raspberry keytone diet stuff. have you tried it?
  • nickandmiah
    Options

Ths is the best response to this question EVER!! What a lovely guy you are! :drinker:

I AGREE!!!! Nice answer!
  • Ricalde
    Ricalde Posts: 15
    Options
    My daughter is 8 months old and I had her vi csection, so you can imagine how my pooch looks. (apron status) :( Before pregnancy, I was always "thicker" but had a small tummy. Having the belly flab now sucks! How far are you from your goal?
  • RES2333
    RES2333 Posts: 36
    Options
    For tone stomach and body, you are gonna want to be sure to incorporate core strengthening exercises. If you are not already doing them, add plank ab exercises both the ones on elbows and toes (or modified if needed starting out) and the side plank exercises. Those will definitely help you tone up.

sandrajune72 and nickandmiah thanks! I only recently joined myfitnesspal but everyone is so supportive - this site is awesome!
  • Natalia333
    Options
    im only like 2 lbs away from my goal! and that was way under what i was before pregnancy so im super stoked!! but i still just cant seem to make the loose tummy skin go away :( either way im going to keep working on getting in the best shape of my life!! how are you doing?
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    running or biking. I started jogging a couple of weeks ago, can't run yet, and have lost inches off my tummy already. My skinny fat friend started cycling and it has helped her get her lower hangy part almost gone after just a month.