Weeks of exercise and weight gain

JenniferHarron
JenniferHarron Posts: 12
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Been killing myself with exercise gained 7.8 lbs in two weeks. The scale is now in fire pit smashed too pieces with a sledgehammer, real scale on its way, thew that caused me some aggravation lol........................

Replies

• Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    It's muscle mass. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Been killing myself with exercise gained 7.8 lbs in two weeks. The scale is now in fire pit smashed too pieces with a sledgehammer, real scale on its way, thew that caused me some aggravation lol........................

Wow, same thing happened to me a few weeks back. I was working out like no ones business and the scale wouldn't budge :explode: :grumble: I was ready to throw the scale out the window and go eat a whole pizza :laugh: For me, I realized I wasn't really watching my calories OR my sugar, and the sugar really sticks to me :grumble:
  • i ve been sticking to balanced diet of 1200 calories a day so not sugar lol......................
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    i ve been sticking to balanced diet of 1200 calories a day so not sugar lol......................

oof ya, than it's prolly muscle mass, or it could be that you're not eating yoru exercise calories. Everyone here says you should eat the calores you burn :smile: I hate working out hard and not seeing results you want to see :sick:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Sometimes when you start exercising harder than usual, your muscles cling to any water they can so you gain a bit in water weight. It happened to me a couple months ago. Then my body adjusted to all the new exercise, I peed my brains out, and I lost a bunch of weight at once. :flowerforyou: I know it's frustrating, but just keep in mind that eating healthy and exercising *CAN'T* be bad for you, so keep it up!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    wait, are you looking for help with this or just venting (perfectly understandable if you are). If you want help, can you give us your numbers? just telling us 1200 calories and you're exercising doesn't help very much with our ability to offer any suggestions.

by numbers I mean, height, weight, activity level, when you eat, what you eat (usually), body fat % (if you know it), what kind of exercise, when you exercise, how long you exercise, any medical issues you have, what your goals are, and anything else you think might be important.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    good girl.. I would've tossed that thing in the fire too! Post again and let us know if it was the scale or if you had to throw the new scale out too.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member

Sorry to hear it. :(

But yes, maybe stats? Maybe you're not eating enough.
  • You say your working out and eating 1200 calories that is the minimum a person should have are you eating any of your exercise calories?
This discussion has been closed.