has anyone ever done a liver cleanse?

Options
i have found that after a certain point im not losing anymore weight, even when changing up my exercise routine and keeping within my calorie limits, a liver cleanse is apparently supposed to be helpful in "kicking" your metabolism back into gear, has anyone ever done one? and have they found it successful?

Replies

• lydiad20
    lydiad20 Posts: 4
    Options
    i thought that just by drinking water, that naturally cleanses the liver. is there some other way that i have yet to hear of??? if so, could some one explain this to me. water just seems to be the most natual, safest way to cleans your system.
  • linnyannmarie
    Options
    im by no means a medical professional, but i do research extensively into things im interested in, from what i know regarding the liver, because it processes and filters the blood constantly, it is a very susceptable to biological "sludge" build up, this can interfere with your liver's natural fat processing and metaboliszing capabilities, a sluggish liver may compromise your weight loss efforts simply from being clogged by fat cells, especially when you are an overweight person. Thus, it is beleived that by cleansing the liver, evacuating the years of build up debris and other harmful things found in our blood, our livers will function more efficiently, processing and metabolizing fat quicker/better. The cleanse is nothing synthetic, i have read many variations of a liver cleanse, some including castor oil and lemon water for a certain amount of time, others are more realistic and less dramatic, such as what im doing, im simply eating raw vegetables and fruit, (sometimes in smoothie form) with 3 litres of water daily for three days, the idea is to give your liver a rest, im not interested in going more extreme than that for a cleanse especially when the theory is not universally supported :)
  • stephanieharmon
    stephanieharmon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I recently did a cleanse and seriously have never felt better !! I lost about 3 pounds in the 7 days I did it .. but have continued to lose. I was able to eat my normal food (clean of course) and not cut calories (I am currently at 1350). I had more energy and the circles under my eyes are visibly less !!!

The one I did consisted of:
    AM Detox (pills)
    Jump-starts the purification of the body’s tissues each day. Removes toxins from the circulatory system and vital organs.*

PM Detox (pills)
    Promotes elimination of waste material. Cleanses and improves digestive tract function.*

Fiber (powder .. I mixed it with the oil and some OJ)
    Gentle yet powerful elimination of toxins. Binds to impurities and creates gentle scrubbing action in the digestive tract.*

Detox Oil
    Removes impurities from fat cells. Separates impurities from tissues. Lubricates the channels of the body. Facilitates waste removal.*