The value of a trainer

Last night while doing a session with my trainer, I got a sudden reminder of why a recorded video can never truly replace one.

For months now I have been trying to perfect my form in some lifts so that I could master some olympic style lifts, such as the power clean, which is a very tricky movement to get right. No matter how many books I read or how many youtube videos I saw, I just couldn't get the movement pattern down right. So last night, my trainer and I spent our whole session teaching me proper technique for the power clean with an 18 lb body bar. He showed me a basic sequence, guiding me through it, having me add one step each time. He said it was how he learned it because he was struggling with it the same I was, in the beginning. After getting it right and really feel just how many muscle groups it hits, I suddenly felt like all the money I'd been paying to have this guy helping me out was well earned. And in just one session of helping me perfect my form for the power clean, this guy proved to me why one hour of his time is worth more money than the whole P90X box set.

Replies

• Chevonne1
    Chevonne1 Posts: 2
    I totally agree with you. I have done insanity, P90x and have tap out in route, I truely LOVE my trainer!!!!!!