Thunder Thighs -- eek

Options
Any ideas for losing inches in the thighs? I have severe arthritis so walking and running are out of the question. But I'm losing inches in my waist and having a hard time finding jeans that fit because of my thunder thighs.

All suggestions appreciated. :smile:

Replies

• JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce your fat. Weight loss will come off in all different areas the more you lose. So just keep on going and you will eventually see an improvement.
  • kess4me
    kess4me Posts: 8
    Options
    Point taken. I guess what I meant was..any exercise ideas that would tone the thighs.
  • runnergrlfl
    runnergrlfl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    squats & lunges (with and/or without dumbells), bulgarian split squats, balerina plies (sp?)...
  • kess4me
    kess4me Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks. I'll google those and get started.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try pilates. I was having trouble with my knees, and someone gave me some pilates tapes. Most of the exercises are done by lying on the ground. No impact, but great toning!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    any exercise you do will just work the muscle underneath the fat. you cant spot reduce fat and you cant change it to something else.
    even if you do squats, there's no guarantee that the fat you burn will come from your leg.

basically to lose overall fat you need to eat below your TDEE and be consistent. fat is lost based on your body shape, so if you're a pear shape then you arent going to lose weight like an apple shape no matter what exercises you do. for instance i do very little ab work but that's where the majority of my fat loss has been
  • Desaikaru
    Desaikaru Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do you like swimming or Yoga? With arthirtis, I think the other forms of working out could be a little difficult and painful. If you enjoy the water, Water aerobics are a good option. Any low impact exercise would help. Leg lifts can do wonders... which simply involves lying down and lifting your legs first one at a time and moving them in circles and them both legs together.