Anyone using FitBit and/or P90X? Or runners/

Options
Hi all :) I'm new to MFP.. I've been using LS but am making the switch so I can sync with my new FitBit! :)

I'm also a runner. :)

I don't really have a ton of weight to lose at all.. but I'm trying to tone up, live a more active lifestyle, and eat less processed food. I'd love some friends :)

Replies

• Logsv
    Logsv Posts: 36
    Options
    Hello!! I have had a fitbit since December and I LOVE IT!!!!!

I take it with me everywhere and I am completely obsessed with it. Just last week I accidentally left it on a shirt that went through both the washer and dryer before i realized my fitbit was still attached and I almost had a panic attack. Thank god two days was enough to get it working again.

I finally got up the courage to order the aria scale and it should be arriving from amazon tomorrow. Can't wait till it gets here!
  • laurenhefner
    Options
    I don't really *get* the Aria scale.. just syncs wirelessly to fitbit?

I'm definitely enjoying running random errands for my husband around the house.. "oh, you need something to be taken upstairs? I'll totally do it!". My effort to become more active will end up making him more sedentary. :P
  • jimc2334
    jimc2334 Posts: 15
    Options
    I just got my fitbit saturday. Working great with MFP and my P90x workouts. I just use my HRM for my p90x workouts. Log them on MFP. MFP asks for time I started the workout and then it syncs it with my fitbit, so I don't get double credit for the burn. I read in the fitbit group on MFP to log everything thru MFP. The only thing I use the fitbit site for is too see my progress of active time and sleep patterns...stuff like that. Working out pretty good so far.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    No fitbit, but I am a runner and trying to tone up. I am about to start the New Rules of Lifting on the 23rd.

Welcome!
  • ShelfRelianceMom
    Options
    Can't wait to get one in just a couple of weeks!!!
  • ilovekc2
    ilovekc2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just got my FitBit on Saturday and love it! It is crazy to see how inactive I am during the day. I use my FitBit to track my walks but use MFP for any other exercise. I am going to be started insanity soon, and am ready to get my nearly perfect body toned!
  • fbuschur
    fbuschur Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm a runner and a new fitbit user... I've run 4 marathons, but the last was just before i got pregnant with my oldest (who is about to turn 8 - eek) - and I now have 3 kids, so I have found a half marathon to be a more manageable training schedule :) I started P90X once but baby 3 was a newborn and I didn't make it. I do like to mix the workouts into my schedule though - I love the Yoga and the Abs. I'm pretty sporadic on MFP but I'm hoping to do better than I have in the past, I'm at a "healthy" weight technically but I really need to lose at least 10 pounds and tone up.
  • Logsv
    Logsv Posts: 36
    Options
    I don't really *get* the Aria scale.. just syncs wirelessly to fitbit?

I'm definitely enjoying running random errands for my husband around the house.. "oh, you need something to be taken upstairs? I'll totally do it!". My effort to become more active will end up making him more sedentary. :P

Scale arrived today, yes it syncs weight and %body fat to fitbit. Very helpful because I am lazy with my logging and the less time i have to spend manually imputing numbers the better. It was super easy to set up, I couldn't be happier with it.