2nd month of Insanity.

Options
I've done one day of it (the 2nd month...like the max). And I don't know why...I was doing so well with all the other weeks...but I felt really woozy and hopeless doing it. Like I feel as if I can't keep up.
I just need motivation and support to finish it. I've come this far, right? I don't wanna give up now. How was the 2nd month for everyone?

Replies

• klafrancis
    klafrancis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't done Insanity but DON'T QUIT! You totally owe it to yourself to finish strong! You've done 2 months, you will be so sad if you look back and think "I could have done it". You got this :)
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Don't quit! I'm currently on my second to last week of the 2nd month of Insanity. When you start the 2nd month, the workouts are so intense you almost feel like you're starting all over (that's the beauty of it!)

Just need to keep at it. You did the MAX interval circuit which is the first exercise in the 2nd month and it's also the longest one. They are tough, but if you had the perseverance to get through the 1st month I have no doubt you can get through the 2nd.

I'm probably going straight to Asylum after this. Sometimes I do two or three vids of Insanity to get a killer burn.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Month 2 is a mental battle... If you have to take more breaks, don't worry about it just keep pushing the best you can... If I can make it through Insanity, you can diffently do it!!! Just keep pushing yourself and you'll blow right through it..
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I felt the same way after day one of month two. I pushed though. I had good days and bad days. I ended up stopping with a week left. I was dreading my workouts and only burning like 180 calories for like an hour.
    I don't regret quitting before finishing. I need to look forward to working out and I like to enjoy the workouts.
    I am now only a week away from finishing ChaLean Extreme and enjoyed every minute of that program.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I have completed 2 rounds of Insanity...round 1 month 2 i took breaks, didnt get as many moving pushups or suicide jumps as they did, just keep pushing though you will be sooo glad you did!!! You CAN do it!!!!
  • Arahbeth
    Arahbeth Posts: 1
    Options
    I was exactly as you described when i started insanity month 2. I have to take so many breaks. Sometimes I feel like I haven't completed enough of the workout, yet i'm pouring sweat. The moves are harder and more intense. I'm on the second week on month 2 and it does get a little easier.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 of the second month today and it kicked my butt! I had to cool down at 47 minutes.....I keep thinking I should go back and do another 4 weeks of month 1-I don't feel strong enough, especially all the push-up work......
  • cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    Options
    I felt COMPLETELY unprepared for Month 2 when I started it! Actually, I'm on my last week of Month 2, and it still kicks my butt! The workouts are a lot harder, and involve a lot more upper body work. (As women, we are at a disadvantage.)

Anyways... no. Don't go back. Go forward! It's hard, yes, but it gets easier. (I won't say it gets easy.) Take breaks when you need to. By the end of Month 2, you will be able to do - if not the entire workout - a whole lot more. Keep digging deeper! ;)
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You've gotten good advice already. But keep pushing play. I'm right there with you. I did Max Recovery today (day 4 of Month 2) and that was still tough - there are so many darn push-ups/planks/etc in this set!

We just don't remember, but Month 1 started out similarly; we got better/more endurance. You knocked out the recovery week. I feel like month 1 is just a training for Month 2, ha!

Feel free to add me if you need more Insanity pals! That's what I did; I have about 10-15 folks at different points of the program.

Think of it this way - you have less days to go than days in. Dig deeper and keep pushing play!
  • ZebraBri
    ZebraBri Posts: 60
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :)
  • Virtech2k3
    Virtech2k3 Posts: 14
    Options
    Dig deeper!!!! I am on day 5 of month 2 tomorrow. Days 1 and 2 were pitiful, I could barely do half of all exercises. Yesterday was much better and after the recovery today, I am ready to kill it tomorrow. We are doing Monday's routine tomorrow again and I am ready to bring it with a vengeance!!!

Keep it up!!! Just life the first month, we survived the first couple days and got real strong towards the end - I can't wait for week 4 to start killing it again!!! But yes, take longer/more frequent breaks as needed, our group has to maintain good form and we push each other. All I know in three weeks we will be completing 85%+ once again.

Stay strong :D:D We got this.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have to say Month 2 is definitely harder. I did have to take a break just a couple days ago because I just couldnt do it. Its ok to take a break here and there. But keep pushing play and digger deeper. You can do it. I am almost done with the 2nd week of month 2. I will finish because that is my goal.
  • ZebraBri
    Options
    The support and care you all have is amazing. Thank you so much!

I just finished Ma Interval Plyo. I couldn't believe how dizzy I felt...I had to press pause quite a few times. But...I finished :) Did anyone else feel sick during it? I figured the first dayit was because I usually don't eat before I work out, I usually did after, but today I drank a protein shake and I sitll felt kinda meh. Maybe I'm just getting used to it, though?
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Yea, I remember getting pretty dizzy during the 2nd month. I would push myself to my max.
    I may try another round later after I do P90x.
  • ZebraBri
    Options
    The digital scale I was using stopped working a couple days ago, and now the only other scale in the house is a tiny black one. When I weigh myself, it says I gained 2 pounds. I'm only a couple days away from finishing week 1, and I thought this was when you lose the most weight. I haven't lost much weight doing Insanity, and I'm confused why. I thought most people lost weight instead of gaining muscle?
  • AndreaKZ
    AndreaKZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was having the same exact problem with month 2 of Insanity. I was feeling sick and dizzy after all of the workouts but I kept going. It was strange though because even though they were much longer and I felt exhausted, I ended up having to take so many breaks I wasn't sure I was getting a good enough workout. At the end of it I actually gained 2 pounds as well which really frustrated me because I thought weight would be falling off with that amount of exercise. I am now starting a second round of Insanity and the month 1 workouts seem so much easier. I am hoping that by the time I am ready for month 2 again that I am in better shape and get better results. Keep working at it! You are doing great!
  • ZebraBri
    Options
    Thank you :) I hope the second round continues going well!
  • trimtrim
    trimtrim Posts: 11
    Options
    i've just started insanity, last night i was on the floor dizzy, had to stop! how was the first month for you?
  • goliverson
    Options
    Insanity is the only program that has ever given me results. It is hard, and it is intended to be that way. Just when I felt like the program was becoming tolerable, I started month 2. Bare in mind that the people on the DVDs are fitness professionals. Furthermore, they went through the full program before doing the DVD. The fact that they still struggle should give you a little relief. Go at your own pace. Maintain good form and don't give up. I'm 6 weeks in and I've lost about 14 pounds. I have moderately followed a diet plan that is low in carbs.

Don't be frustrated about your weight loss (or lack thereof). Weight loss is a bad barometer of success. If you're working hard, of course you'll lose weight, but Insanity is focused on adding muscle and burning fat. As we all know, muscle weighs more than fat. I would like to think that I have gained 5 pounds of muscle doing the Insanity program. The best barometers of success are your body fat percentage and your improvements on the fit tests.

I think the overall goal behind Insanity is to cause a lifestyle change. You should focus on making incremental changes to your diet and exercise. Over the course of the 60 day period, your good decisions (e.g., dieting and exercise) will become a habit. Don't give up. Sure the weight loss is great, but the additional energy and improvement in health is priceless.
  • paigespring
    Options
    I am also nervous about starting the second month. this is my last week of month one and i have heard many things about the second month. i am going to keep pushing through because my results have been amazing! I have already lost 8 pounds. I LOVE INSANITY!!!!:smile::glasses: