Which is more difficult...

Options
Do you think it is harder to lose or maintain weight?

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I think it is harder to maintain the weight loss because when you are losing weight there is usually a lot of positive feedback. You reward yourself. There are new clothes, compliments and attention.
    After maintaining awhile though the compliments taper off, the new clothes are not so new and how many reward themselves for staying at goal weight?
    Then improving fitness becomes more the focus, but even then, there comes a time when fitness levels off and becomes routine.
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    deffo harder to maintain I am like a yo-yo!!!! :wink:
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I think it is harder to maintain the weight loss because when you are losing weight there is usually a lot of positive feedback. You reward yourself. There are new clothes, compliments and attention.
    After maintaining awhile though the compliments taper off, the new clothes are not so new and how many reward themselves for staying at goal weight?
    Then improving fitness becomes more the focus, but even then, there comes a time when fitness levels off and becomes routine.
    I agree with all of this!
  • shelk76
    shelk76 Posts: 58
    Options
    At this moment in time i am thinking both! i was 8 pounds lighter 12 months ago and I took it for granted because it was sudden weightloss so i hadnt tried and put the hard work into losing it. now i have put it all back on again and i am kicking myself for not maintaining it in the first place. I average arounf 7-900 calories a day and cant lose weight right now! ;o(
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Previously I would always have said maintaining is harder but 'suddenly' about 20 odd pounds went on and I am soo struggling to lose them!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I assumed maintaining would be more difficult
  • imaspaceguy90
    Options
    i would think maintaining, the rules are a little more grey. Its not just yes/no I can eat this., you now will have your sub conscious saying , "I'm at goal, i deserve this" mentality. That's just my opinion
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    i would think maintaining, the rules are a little more grey. Its not just yes/no I can eat this., you now will have your sub conscious saying , "I'm at goal, i deserve this" mentality. That's just my opinion

If you have a substantial amount of weight to loss, I think it would be harder, because for so long you have eaten to lose weight and to change your way of thinking seems tricky.