Strength Training - how do you make it fun?

Options
How does everyone out there keep strength training from becoming totally boring? I'm anticipating future downfalls...

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    How does everyone out there keep strength training from becoming totally boring? I'm anticipating future downfalls...
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Listen to music. The gym I use to go to has televisions all over the place that people watch. I hope to get back to the gym sometime soon. :flowerforyou:
  • tazzack
    Options
    I need my IPOD for every workout...I also LOVE my trainer, he makes it fun and exciting:wink:
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am a huge believer in strength training. I personally mix it up, I have different routines that I vary with that really helps me. Even if you start with a different set it wil help. I swear by this.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    my wife is a bodypump trainer. That is kind of a cross
    between strength and aerobics. Might be
    something to think about to spice up your strength training.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    I hate the weight machines. They are boring boring boring and only provide you strength training for one part of your body. Find some exercises that challenge multiple parts and your core...time will go much faster when you're really challenging yourself. I enjoy pilates type moves, also, which are great for strength AND flexibility (important for those of us who spend a lot of time with muscle building exercises...need to stay flexible!).
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    if any of it were fun we would all be in great shape! lol

Try to find BODY PUMP classes. Look for the Les Mills series of gym classes and this will be there. This series of classes is awesome, new routines and with all the different instructors you get different music and slightly different classes every time you go, it keeps you moving.

Another option, load up an IPOD and get to working, at least then you will have some good music to listen too!
  • janieF
    janieF Posts: 17
    Options
    Sometimes strength training in the form of yoga or pilates is easier to keep up. My weakness is cardio, I have always been able to keep up the strength training, and when you do it as more of a yoga/pilates it can be more relaxing and just as beneficial.