Crystal Light = water?

Options
krom862
krom862 Posts: 46 Member
I have really been drinking alot more water than usual, but get really bored with it. We don't ever drink soda in our house, but we always have a pitcher of Crystal Light (well, the Walmart knock off). Is this fine in place of plain water?

Replies

• DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Should be fine. It is just flavored water anyway. I drink ice tea all the time.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yes, Crystal Light is the same as water.

Water with a little bit of :

acesulfame potassium
    citric and ascorbic acids
    phenylalanine
    artificial colors

Other than that, its the exact same as water.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It's ok - remember to account for it though - or consider natural alternatives (cucumber water, raspberry water, strawberry water, mint water, herbal tea, etc).
  • benegesserit
    Options
    Crystal Light (depending on the flavor) contains artificial sweeteners - aspartame (aka Nutrasweet) and acesulfame potassium. Some people prefer not to consume artificial sweeteners when they are trying to lose weight; you can google the pros and cons.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't drink ANY plain water. All my water is either flavored with Crystal Light or MiO.:drinker:
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    I use the packets of Crystal Light and Propel packets - LOVE them!
  • tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have one pack of Raspberry Green Tea everyday (my favorite flavor) I count that as water.
  • amandahume44
    Options
    I would say 25% of my water consumption comes from Crystal Light!! I normally drink plain water during the day at work and then have Crystal Light with dinner and before bed. I use way more water for a single packet then they say to though - otherwise the flavor is too strong for me....and you drink even more water that way!! ;-)
  • LAsteve212
    LAsteve212 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! I get so tired of water, so I use Crystal Light a lot. Although, it's true that it has aspartame which can effect different people in different ways. I discovered Crystal Light Pure made with Truvia and cane sugar which is much better than aspartame, although if you drink a lot of it, the amount of sugar will add up. I've been drinking plain water half of the time, and crystal light pure the rest, so at least I get some flavor!
  • krom862
    krom862 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone~!
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well no - crystal light has a lot of additives etc. I try not to drink it as I am trying to eat clean (mostly!). That said, if you like it and it gets one more glass of water in you, then go for it - it is MUCH better than not drinking anything. I drink Club soda with a little dash of Roses Lime Juice or fresh squeezed lemon in it. I hate plain water, so gulp 12oz in the morning and switch to herbal teas after that!