Snacks for when you are ravenous

Options
weeblex
weeblex Posts: 412 Member
For some reason after working out today I can't stop eating, I would probably eat the furniture if I thought it tasted good.

What do you have around the house that doesn't go off like veg for those times you can't stop eating?

I'm going with wholewheat toast at the moment and some low fat chips, but that couch is looking mighty filling :)

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    My go-tos when I'm hungry are low-sodium jerky, cheese sticks, nuts, hummus, and Greek yogurt. I find trying to get enough protein usually helps to keep the hunger away.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry after a workout I go for a protein shake. It fills the hunger need plus the protein is good for muscles.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry after a workout I go for a protein shake. It fills the hunger need plus the protein is good for muscles.
    ^^^Toss in a banana for added filler and this is the best^^^

Protein really hits the "Full meter" hard.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    ^^^Toss in a banana for added filler and this is the best^^^

Protein really hits the "Full meter" hard.

I'm weird, I don't like sweet stuff like fruit, like I said the veg is good when we have some, or we have hard boiled eggs in the fridge. I might have to bring the protein shakes home from work though.
  • abuch912
    abuch912 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    tried 100 calorie cocoa roast almonds today... YUMMMM
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Protein smoothie (partial to vanilla protein powder with a tbsp of pb2)

Scrambled or fried egg(s) with a little part skim mozzarella on top and some salsa or frank's red hot

Cottage cheese
  • catinhounstooth
    Options

I'm weird, I don't like sweet stuff like fruit, like I said the veg is good when we have some, or we have hard boiled eggs in the fridge. I might have to bring the protein shakes home from work though.

Yeah, I was going to say eggs. They don't take long to scramble, and I like to throw in some spinach and feta cheese. Yum!
  • vwkauffman
    vwkauffman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of hummus and veggie slices, frozen grapes or a protein shake or smoothie.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie with Greek yogurt, a frozen banana (sliced before freezing) a tad of honey, a little almond milk, and spinach.

Ahhh I want one now.