10 friends and counting...

Options
Hi! I joined MFP a couple of months ago and LOVE it!! =) I've seen so many friends on here fall off though..."jane doe hasn't logged in for X weeks". I'm trying not to lose momentum or motivation! Could use all the help I can! =)

Replies

• rayita001
    rayita001 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I too joined a couple of months ago. You can add me.
  • sjewell79
    sjewell79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been on for 36 days after 21 its said to be a habit so I'm sticking around lol
  • jennaryan1205
    jennaryan1205 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm not going anywhere!
  • shuns30
    shuns30 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am Stephanie and plan on staying, you can add me! In fact I could use lots of motivation.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on MFP for a few months and love it. The support from my MFP peeps is amazing! I log everyday and considered myself an active poster. Feel free to add me as a friend. I refuse to give up and won't be going anywhere!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does!

^^^^^This^^^^^ Thank you for posting! Seeing that you have lost almost 100 lbs, I think I will read your advise! Great work!!!!
  • mthomsen396
    Options
    Started seriously on MFP about 4 days ago. Loving it and want to stick with it for my final weight loss and maintenance goals.
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, been on MFP for a little over 2 months and don't plan on leaving anytime soon!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You can add me! :drinker:
  • Ready4Change5
    Options
    You can add me. I'm here to stay and very motivated
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) You can add me if you would like and as the other guy said before. Log in everyday and be honest and keep yourself motivated and you will do fine. Have a treat (not cheat) meal every now and then so you dont feel deprived.
  • nrhug19
    nrhug19 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too.. 81 days and counting. I'm not going anywhere :)
  • mcw1976
    mcw1976 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have been using MFP for about a month now, transferred from FstSecret which I was using since December 2011. You can add me if you wish.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent...
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi! I joined in January and have had great success and have been gaining more friends! I have much more I want to lose and after I get my final goal, I am going to need to stay on so I don't gain it back! Let's be friends! I promise to be positive and there everyday!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i have a few friends like that also. luckily i got a good bunch now that are pretty consistently active. the more friends the merrier! add away if you want!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Been around a while and like adding new friends..
  • DaHahn
    DaHahn Posts: 2
    Options
    :drinker: Hi, I just joined...my cousin Evie told me about the site... I am hoping this keeps me motivated and helps me to get to my goal weight :)
    oh and you can add me if you like :flowerforyou: