EWI :)

Options
atxdee
atxdee Posts: 613 Member
Eating while intoxicated..

Curious to know how many others, if any, do this.. I am not a big drinker by any means, more of what you call a SOCIAL drinker. I have wine w my pasta, tequila w my tortilla soup etc.. There are occassions when I go out dt w friends and drink a bit too much (mostly shots, too avoid the sugar). BUT my downfall is that when I am drunk I don't care. And I eat tons of unhealthy foods. For instance, right outside the bars are these taco stands and pizza trailers. I stop by and grab some 2 or 3 tacos. Later that nite.. a slice of pizza or two. Sometimes if I'm out late enough I end up going to IHOP., have everything, pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, bacon.. and even some dessert!! And I have already had breakfast, lunch and dinner.. These were just snacks! It seems I am hungrier when I am drunk. AND I don't think its cuz I'm too low on cals, normally I consume about 1600-1800 depending on the day. So wonder if its something to do w alcohol or just that I dont' feel full? Just curious to what you all thought..

I actually find it kinda funny TBH. But kinda concerning at the same time.. lol

Replies

• atxdee
    Options
    really? :)
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I don't know why it happens, but when I drink more than a glass of wine, I want to eat everything in sight! So... I had to cut way back on my drinking.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This sounds like me. Not so much the IHOP or taco bars (I rarely eat at restaurants), but I'll find myself snacking on things like candy, chips, etc that I otherwise wouldn't even touch! In that sense, it's a double whammy to the diet. The extra calories from the alcoholic drinks themselves, plus the calories from going overboard on food. And I can't say alcohol really makes me hungrier, but it definitely interferes with my ability to make good decisions where my diet is concerned.
  • _Fluff
    _Fluff Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do this, too! When I'm drunk, Taco Bell seems like the best thing EVER. It's like I get booze munchies. I hit the bar, then go home and dig through my cupboards for hidden candy. I'd rather drunk-eat than go home with strangers or sing karaoke, so as drunken bad ideas go, I'll stick with my post-vodka gluttony:)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i don't do it.

i know i would eat carbs, and the next day i would be pissed.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    No. I used to be able to drink A LOT and I mean a lot. High tolerance or something. Anyway, I usually drank water as my last drink at the bar and more water before going to bed to stave off a hangover.
    I think it helped with the munchies. Cheers! :drinker:
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking? Works for me. You save the unnecessary calories from the alcohol, plus the drunk eating afterwards.

Bonus - you get to watch all of your friends act funny when they are drunk.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Two words: doner kebab. Well, doner kebab with enough chilli sauce to make me cry and extra tabbouli. I think there's like 900 calories in one kebab, and I usually have it with a 600ml coke and an almond magnum for afters.

Ugh.

And that is why I don't drink.
  • atxdee
    Options
    This sounds like me. Not so much the IHOP or taco bars (I rarely eat at restaurants), but I'll find myself snacking on things like candy, chips, etc that I otherwise wouldn't even touch! In that sense, it's a double whammy to the diet. The extra calories from the alcoholic drinks themselves, plus the calories from going overboard on food. And I can't say alcohol really makes me hungrier, but it definitely interferes with my ability to make good decisions where my diet is concerned.

Exactly! That's exactly what it is, can't make good decisions when im drinking, its like I really just don't care and then the next day I am feeling so guilty for all the extra calories. If i have 5 shots that is 345 cals there alone plus the extra food lol, I really need to stop doing the social drinking!
  • atxdee
    Options
    Stop drinking? Works for me. You save the unnecessary calories from the alcohol, plus the drunk eating afterwards.

haha yep!!! Good idea gonna watch them act foolish for a change lol
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

That's what I did. I used to have the worst habit of stopping at Taco Bell on the walk home after a night out. I was more of a social drinker too but I haven't had alcohol in over a month now and I don't miss it.
  • midgetio
    midgetio Posts: 57
    Options
    I am exactly the same, as soon as I've been drinking I want to eat everything! and as much as I want to avoid the drunken binging it always happens :( so looking for some tips :p
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This certainly happens to me as well during a hard night on the town. I don't really think it is a big deal though, as long as you do not make a habit out of it! I think some of the best nights are when you end up at IHOP at 6 in the morning wondering WTF and why am I eating this ham and egg melt....
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    just go out once in awhile so this way when you do go out and eat and drink alot you wont feel guilty about it.
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think alcohol messes about with your blood sugar a bit which makes you hungry. Plus you're drunk so you don't care. :wink:
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Ooooh yep. Usually it's go out to dinner and get fatty foods so the alcohol gets soaked up and we can drink more (hello cheeseburgers and french fries!), go out and party and down as many shots and drinks as non fatally possible, puke it all up before the night is through at some random bar's bathroom, go out for more shots and then go to a restaurant and get some chow. I live in a college town so everything is either open 24 hours or until 3 or 4am. There's an absolute wonderful dive here for when you're drunk/hungover. They have the best chicken dumpling soup (which is always a staple when I'm drunk). I usually go for the soup and a grilled cheese sandwich and a HUGE glass of ice water haha!

Thankfully this binging only happens for a birthday or something. Some of my friends can do this 3 or 4 nights a week, though! D:
  • atxdee
    Options
    This certainly happens to me as well during a hard night on the town. I don't really think it is a big deal though, as long as you do not make a habit out of it! I think some of the best nights are when you end up at IHOP at 6 in the morning wondering WTF and why am I eating this ham and egg melt....

haha so true! im always asking myself that at 6am!! wtf!? lol
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart...we are in Texas...eating while intoxicated is a right of passage here!
  • atxdee
    Options
    haha! wish they had a "like" button on here the way they do on FB