over 50

Options
nantobe
nantobe Posts: 5 Member
Hi, I have tried so many weight loss programs I can't even begin to count them. I really need help and support from other people in my same situation. Now that I have reached that magical age of 50, it takes me two months to loose 3 pounds and two days to gain it back, help!

Replies

• MissMiley
    MissMiley Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey Nan!

Welcome! I think you'll find you have found the right place! I've tried them all before too, but MFP is different. Since tracking my food in MFP I now see exactly what I'm eating!! There are a lot of us over 50 gals on this site. I think you'll find a lot of support here. Sending you a friend request!!

Cynde
  • MissMiley
    Options
    Bump!
  • mdianne58
    mdianne58 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent also. It's more difficult to lose as we age, but not impossible. Matter of fact it is very doable.
  • den24286
    den24286 Posts: 2
    Options
    Know the feeling...but it can be done....After 6 months and a lot of hard work, and daily keeping track I have lost close to 50 pounds. Half way there. Just don't stop. If you are not happy with yourself one day just adjust and move ahead. I have quit beating myself up. Have also stopped watching every pound .....Only weigh myself monthly and if I only lose 3 pounds I am happy. This is not a race but a total lifestyle change.
  • Singingslim
    Options
    Hello I am also the big 50 and struggling to lose the weight I put on after 11 children. I am more than happy to be friends with anyone that understands our plight. :happy:
  • MissMiley
    Options
    Bump!
  • levstein
    levstein Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi I'm 53 and know exactly where you are coming from.....I've tried most diets.......but this is different and simple to use.....I love it!
  • 80zgrl
    80zgrl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me : )
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bump and You may add me as afriend if you like. I love my PALS!

DI
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Geez I am over the big 60 but need all the motivation I can get and will do my best to help get you motivated...Add me :happy:
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Nantobe i know how you feel , but dont give up :happy:
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    During my first time with MFP I plodded along, learning as I go. Eventually I gradually slipped away and before you know it I was back to my old habits and the weight started creeping back on.

Second time, last fall, I hit an interim goal I wanted to under 240 for my dr check-up. I was down to 237 and elated. Doc was very happy with all my blood test numbers. Took me off cholersterol meds and cut my blood pressure dose in half. Two weeks later we were into the Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas season, and once again I fell off the wagon.

Here's the important part:

Its so easy to jump back on the wagon and you realize you've actually missed having it in your life. Now that I'm on it for the third time its working better than ever because I'm more dedicated to it than before. Instead of a wimpy leisurely walk a few times a week I'm now doing 2 miles in the morning and then a mile at night with the dog. I've taken advantage of my Smart phone (which I firmly believe I wasn't smart enough to use). Now I listen to music when I walk, I use a heart rate monitor to get accurate calorie burn numbers, and I have an app that is leading me through training to do a 5K run.

I'm 52 and its working. I'm loving it, but more than that my BODY is loving it. Do your knees and your heart a favor, drop those pounds NOW before they do more damage you'll be sorry for in the later years of life!
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I have sent you a friend request.
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    It's not where you start .... it's where you finish!

I'm about to hit 50 and I've wasted the last few years crying over my weight more often than I care to tell you. Now I've got My Fitness Pal (MFP) on my phone and it's made everything so much easier.

So welcome aboard and stop thinking about what has been now start thinking about what will be.

Let us know how you get on.

Mavis