I lost my momentum!

Options
I have been doing really good for several days. I was going to the gym after work and eating on my plan each day. Then yesterday we had a pot luck at work. Although I did not eat as much as I normally would have, I ate too much. I skipped the gym because my husband needed to borrow my car. The today I didn't plan my meals and ate the wrong foods, then I had to work a little late and skipped the gym.
I need to get back on track. I have to make myself go to the gym but then I really enjoy it when I am there. I am finding it hard to build healthy habits.
I need motivation!!

Replies

• NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    We all get our off days. I had off days for 2 weeks!! But dont worry, once you get back to it you fall right back in place. Good luck!!! just keep your eye on the prize - a healthier you!!!!!
  • Lynn625
    Lynn625 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I got to keep reminding myself it is a lifestyle change and i will always have off days. :smile:
  • RES2333
    RES2333 Posts: 36
    Options
    I got to keep reminding myself it is a lifestyle change and i will always have off days. :smile:
    Exactly! It is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. Don't let the little bumps in the road deter you. Things will happen, you may not be able to make it to the gym because of some circumstance (or sometimes may just not feel like it) but that is ok, or work may have that pot luck and you eat things that normally you wouldn't, or say there is a party or function and same thing...it isn't what your good eating habit would dicatate. But it is ok. You pick up where you left off and get right back to it.

Days off can be just as good too....let's you recharge the batteries, refocus and go back at it motivated again. Also from time to time those little days off or splurges will shock the body and can be beneficial too.

You didn't lose your momentum! You enjoy the gym, you have taken stock what priorities are. You are doing good!
  • 1234567kate9
    Options
    i agree with above posters, and also, you said yourself you didn't eat as much as you used to. that's progress in and of itself! Just bc it wasn't a "perfect" day doesnt mean you cant still find the silver lining :)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    So what? It's 2 days. It's not going to ruin everything. Pick yourself back up! Get out there and get moving! It happens to the best of us. I know I've seen many ups and downs on my way to good health and fitness! You just need to take a deep breath, grab your MFP diary and log away! Log everything! Even if it's "bad". I log even when I go over by millions of points! Why? Because it keeps me accountable. I can see what I had and I know how I feel about that. Today, I had pizza. I have a love/hate relationship with Domino's... LOL Tomorrow, I have everything planned so my diary doesn't look like a fat kid had a hayday. haha! You can do this. And remember that we are in your corner. ;)