a really good pre-workout supplement?

Options
2»

Replies

• Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well, you know in studies when they want to test stuff about nutrient timing and all, they do it with Branched-Chain Amino Acid directly. Pure protein basically, and where even Whey Isolate takes ~40 minutes to spike amino acids in blood stream, this does it in 5-8 minutes.

Fun part is that it's not that expensive, if you buy in big enough quantity. So team up with a friend (I team up with a colleague at work) and try this if you want. Changes from regular protein blends, since it's flavored to taste more like cool aid or gatorade than classical shakes, like PB or chocolate, cookie and cream.

I tried SciVation Xtend brand so far, lime flavor, it's quite nice :)
    Might be overkill, but it doesn't get better than that!
  • Salasel
    Salasel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Max Muscle 3 Stage System

FBX Before
    Pro BCAA Powder During
    ARM After

Its Awesome
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    DS Craze

Maximize Intense
  • MarsChallenge
    MarsChallenge Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The Angry Trainer (www.angrytrainerfitness.com) likes some RAW product from GNC.. check out his blog.
  • jkthrizzle
    jkthrizzle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been using White Flood for the past couple of weeks and like it a lot. Loved the Jack 3D, but don't want to get hooked on something that eventually is not going to be available.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I drink kombucha tea. It gives me energy for the workout and is awesome for boosting my immunity to viruses, keeps my hair skin and nails healthy and also seems to make me require less sleep in general. Naturally low cal. Most people do not like the flavor- it is dry and sharp, but can be mixed with juice before drinking if you need that.
    Good luck!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    i love jack3d and when they come out with the reformulated version (without the dmaa) i don't think i will like it.
    the c4 is okay. very drinkable but i don't notice much of anything.

powders usually have the arginine, caffeine and creatine.
    pills tend to not have caffeine and creatine.

alarm is supposed to be really good.
    1.m.r. i have heard is really good results wise, but tastes horrible i am told.

black powder is a big seller, but it's fizzy. i don't like that.

no explode has always been a big seller.

gnc's amp n.o. loaded is very chalky
  • Hufanae
    Hufanae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Coffee gets me going. Right after the coffee I slowly drink the blended spinach, celery, greens, strawberry, watermelons, peaches...
  • gonzang
    gonzang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like AdvoCare products Catalyst (bcaa) and Spark (energy drink with b vitamins and amino acids). I also make sure I eat a protein and carb balanced meal about 1-2 hours before.
  • LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Dat dere Cell-Tech is pretty awesome.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    DMAA?

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm302133.htm

I'd wait a bit on that.

I like Superpump Max. Wife likes Craze.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    LOL! :bertstare: brb going to get hyooge!

Humor aside, coffee is my choice if I'm going to take anything before a workout.
  • akaOtherWise
    akaOtherWise Posts: 110 Member
    Options

notsureifsrs.jpg

jak3d fibr4s here i come!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I like AdvoCare products Catalyst (bcaa) and Spark (energy drink with b vitamins and amino acids). I also make sure I eat a protein and carb balanced meal about 1-2 hours before.

If you eat a protein meal 1-2 hrs before, why would you need to take Catalyst, an underdosed/overpriced BCAA product?
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    When I used preworkout supps, I tried a bunch and the one that provided the cleanest feel while still putting me in "beast mode" was CTD Labs Noxipro. Tasted great as well.

Other notable ones were 1MR and Superpump.
  • akaOtherWise
    akaOtherWise Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like Animal Rage and Cellucor C4. I took both of those for a while. Now, I buy the ingredients in bulk and just make my own