Body by Vi

Options
I started drinking one shake at lunch 8 weeks ago and I have lost 9 pounds. In addition to the shake, I have reduced my caloric intake to no more than 1100 calories a day. Not exercising too much. I have not lost any weight in the last two weeks. So frustrating. Has anyone tried these shakes and how does it work for you?

Replies

• linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Your body is in starvation mode because you are not eating enough calories. Try 1200 calories, and ditch the shakes.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i hope you're not wasting your money on it.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Oops, duplicate
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Shakes are just another way of getting in your calories, there is no magic in any of them, no matter how much money they spend on marketing.
    If you are eating/drinking 1100 cals a day, you should belosing weight. That does sound very low - and while it may work for a while, you are going to need to find a way to eat and drink that will keep you healthy for the rest of your life, which is going mean more cals and real food sooner or later.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i love the shakes. i eat like 1200-1600 calories a day (shakes included). i did the shape kit so i am not seeing the huge weight loss. i am not really using them as directed though. i like the taste so i use it as more of a protein shake. i just knew that after the shakes id probably go back to normal and gain weight so i incorporated them into a lifestyle change and learned moderation/portion control. so far only 13 pounds in the last 40 days, but it is a good start especially because i did plateau for 3 weeks until i upped my exercise.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I do the shakes. They work for me. You're major issue is that you aren't getting enough calories into you. 1200 is the bare minimum!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I looked up the nutrional information on those shakes the other day because I know someone who sells them and is always promoting. There are about 38 different ingredients in them, mostly thing I don't recognize as food.
  • MustangSally74
    MustangSally74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking them after my workout with unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze and add pineapple and strawberries with a packet of Stevia and little ice in a blender. I do like the shakes.
  • lrobbins57
    lrobbins57 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Shape Kit as well. I mix it with 1 cup of frozen fruit and 1 cup of almond milk every day for lunch. I've gained and lost the same 30 pounds for the last 15 years and I really want to get the weight off and KEEP it off. I had a total hysterectomy and that is when I started having real weight issues. I have 15 pounds to go to be where I want to maintain.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Shape Kit as well. I mix it with 1 cup of frozen fruit and 1 cup of almond milk every day for lunch. I've gained and lost the same 30 pounds for the last 15 years and I really want to get the weight off and KEEP it off. I had a total hysterectomy and that is when I started having real weight issues. I have 15 pounds to go to be where I want to maintain.
    that's exactly how i make mine. but yeah i have like at least 44-60 pounds total to lose, should have done the transformation kit but i am just using what my mom ordered and never used.