Kettle Bell workout question

Options
Sugs94
Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
Hey-
I'm just starting Kettle Bells. As I'm a beginner, doing a lot of form which includes lunges, squats and learning to safely lift bells. I have started on some of the pendulum swings, russian twists and other moves. He has me using various weights...pretty low right now until I am stronger.

My question is how to log this for exercise. I work out for about an hour. Many of the reps are between 20-40...different types and styles. Does anyone else out there do this and have a good system for counting calories burned???

Thanks.

Replies

• karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My advice is to invest in a heart rate monitor.....I have a Polar FT4 and love it. I never exercise without it and it's the only way you're going to get a fairly accurate measurement of the calories you're burning. I also have a Kettlebell routine and it's great exercise; you can burn a lot of calories during such a workout. Enjoy!
  • olygirl1971
    Options
    this is in the cardio exercise list. Type in kettlebell as one word, you should be able to find it from that - good luck!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I call it circuit training, if the pace is aggressive and your heart rate stays up, it should be the right burn.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hear Rate Monitor!!

Before I bought mine, I found the METs and added it manually.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Heart Rate Monitor! I also have the Polar FT4 - no more guessing just look at the watch and add them in!
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks...think I'll investigate the HRM. In meantime I'll find it in cardio....thought it would be in strenth training!!! I really am liking it.