i dont wanna ask but here goes....

Options

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    ok going to show off my noobness where do i find these cloths of which yall speak???

walmart sells a generic compression shirt. I have bought tons of these. Make sure you buy one that is TIGHT.. the sleeves should be tight, where you have to "pinch" the material to twist it on your arm if you need to adjust it. I suggest one size lower, but make sure you get a MANS.. womens just arent long enough to tuck in the fat.

dont ask how i know. LOL
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some compression shorts or some spanx!
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    You could always get what I call a sweat belt. It is like a neoprene belt that you wrap around body parts to make you sweat more. And if they don't have one in your size you could always buy two. They just velcro together.

Good luck and congratulations on even trying to run! Be proud of yourself for trying!

This is what I use! Works great!
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    There is also Squeem magical lingerie-- they are compression vests and corsets that also help you tighten up in those areas. I think there might be shorts too. Just Google "Squeem" and you'll find them, and also on Amazon.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    A lot of workout pants come up pretty high, so they will kinda keep the area under control. I have some Wal-mart yoga pants that have a built in thing to control the stomach area.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I have a big belly and flappy skin (5 babies...) and I use capris that suck it in. I get them at Wal Mart. They're Danskin brand. :)
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    compression pants are perfect for that im sure!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm thin and I jiggle when I run. That's just the way it is. Get used to it.

Wow, that's helpful.

Compression gear is totally the way to go! I love love love my Brooks compression shorts, and my Columbia compression tights. You just have to find a combination that keeps you comfy.

Good luck!
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a question also when I run I get out of breath really fast and I can never seem to run very long... Any ideas????
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has compression gear. I got some really nice Nike ones on clearance from the Nike website. The bra is another story. Don't buy a compression bra that's too small and wear it when there's nobody around to help you out of it! That is all. :smile:
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    so i am still heavy... suprise i know... anyways i want to start jogging but i have i hang up i cant seem to shake :sad:

i have this roll below my belly button.... its getting smaller but still there and when i jog i bounces like my chest and i hate the way it feels and how its sounds :blushing:

please tell me there is a kind of shorts or something i can wear to keep it from keeping me from jogging...:flowerforyou:

you can use bandage wrap and wrap it around the fat to hold it in...
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I used to use the Danskin capri legging, comes in up to 4X. Not as tight as compression shorts, which can be a bit uncomfortable. I wore them to keep the flab at the top of my legs from being chafed when I did aerobics or even just walking around in a dress or skirt without nylons. But they'll work for your use, as well.
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    and on the same train of thought, what about what kind of shorts to wear that dont ride up in the middle to make a ^ shape on your thighs? that is SO annoying.
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    just practice a lot. try slowing down and gradually building yourself up so your lungs can get used to it.
  • stepheie
    stepheie Posts: 2
    Options
    Look for a groupon for hotpants. They target the belly by making you sweat more to lose more inches. I have a pair that go right below my sports bra. They hold everything in. You don't know your are sweating extra until you take them off. Delfin spa came out with a similar product you can find them on amazon.com. If you order hotpants they take a month to arrive from London.
  • laurahrmn
    laurahrmn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I wear spandex over my gut and under my normal running shorts. It's made my life so much better :) Good luck chica!
  • I use two waist trimmers! one at top and the other on bottom. They velcro together so I can make it as tight or as loose as I'd like... I got them at Sports Authority
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds *****y but my recommendation is "getthe****overit". We all sweat and bounce in uncomfortable places but id you want to get fit, get over it.
  • mrsevanrust
    Options
    Underarmor- but if you don't want to buy something, your swimsuite (if you have one) will work. A one piece should hold everything down.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking, or I'd have never known.