Still a long way to go!

Options
bkitten1
bkitten1 Posts: 20 Member
It was suggested to me by a fellow MFP to post photos of my weight loss journey.. I have lost 57 lbs since January of this year. I really had a hard time with this idea at first because I have a pretty bad relationship with myself and photos of me! Especially photos that show my body. My face is the first place I lose weight and the last place I put it on so does not bother me so much.. but the rest of me is whole different matter. I also have a funny relationship with weight being a 6ft tall fairly large framed girl, I can gain and lose 10 lbs without much notice. I also can carry a lot more weight than what people would guess, even doctors, last year when I was in the low 300's my doctor did not believe the scale, she actually stepped on it to check her own weight to see if it was way off. That being said.. I had let myself get completely out of control, and I hated the way I felt, the way I looked and was just depressed!

18499960_4908.jpg

I had started rather lazily to work on losing weight in 2011, had some success. It was not until January 2012 that I got serious. Things just started to come together, I had two best friends who were making very serious decisions about moving forward in their own weight loss journey and I had lost my grandmother to cancer in December. It just was time to focus on getting and staying healthy. So I started. My first recorded weight was on January 17th 2012, I think it was midweek; I weighed 285 lbs. As of today July 12th 2012 I weigh 228 lbs. I work out 6 days a week, I have about 1200 calories a day now and still have about 60-65 lbs to reach my goal weight of 165 lbs. Almost half way there and very motivated to stay on course.

18499960_2353.jpg

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    You have done a phenomenal job. You should be so proud! Very inspirational. Thank you for sharing!!
  • lunabella76
    lunabella76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the hard work!
  • bkitten1
    bkitten1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thank you! Hard to see it sometimes, and keep to it. Love the great community here that keeps us motivated!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!