Over daily calorie intake and still hungry!!!

Options
GAAA it's like Im a bottomless pit, I have always been like this though. Constantly hungry or Im full after a meal but 1 hour later Im hungry again. Even on days when I go over my calorie goal (I know there are some items in my diet I dont need ie tim hortons or starbucks, but those are things clients bring for me)...still no excuse. But even on days when I try really hard I still get hungry. I try drinking water to feel full but that just makes me feel sick. I dont know what else to do other than stuff my face lol...HELP?

Replies

• kendrart
    kendrart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just took a quick look at your diary - I'd suggest trying to incorporate some whole grains into your diet, like brown rice, quinoa, jasmine rice, etc. They don't have to be boring! You can spice them up! I just know for me they make a big difference in keeping me full, and in a healthy way. And like the only reason I'm always drinking protein shakes for breakfast is because they're the only things that keep me full after working out haha
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I wish I had an answer to that one. It sounds like my problem during ttotm. ugh.
  • jatilmig
    jatilmig Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try carrots, raw baby carrots. to give you something to chew on, and fill your stomach... Great that you are drinking water - Fine that someone os bringing you a Horton's or Starbucks - maybe be polite and take a sip and then vump it? Or simply tell them to bring you (my fav) Passion Ice Tea, unsweetened from Starbucks - it's like drinking a treat.... Hang in there - you will succeed :)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    try cutting back on some of those carbs and up your protein more, Check out Marks Daily Apple, its a site about primal eating and read the one about being fat adapted it explains the way we get energy from carbs and the like. And also look at Michis Ladder it categorizes food into tiers so you know which calories are better than others. hope that helps a little bit.
  • cortneyrc
    cortneyrc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try filling up on veggies, fruits and grain whenever I am hungry and know I shouldn't be eating anything I'll eat some celery with pb or carrot sticks, apples with pb, cherries, granola, hard boiled eggs ect.. I know you probably think that won't be enough but you'll be surprised! Drinking lots of water and green tea also makes me feel full longer. Hope this helps a little!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I also had a quick look at your diary. I would suggest ditching the Tim Hortons and Starbucks and any high calorie drinks and increase proteins and whole grains. They make you feel fuller and have much higher nutritional value.

Also, keep loads of cucumber, green pepper (capsicum), celery, etc. to snack on. Lots of fiber and vitamins, very few calories and low sugar.

Good luck!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    eat some more protein and less on startbucks so u stay hungry and not waste calories on a coffee that wont last that long, that may help
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    More protein and fiber, less empty carbs. You'll feel fuller immediately.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    try cutting back on some of those carbs and up your protein more, Check out Marks Daily Apple, its a site about primal eating and read the one about being fat adapted it explains the way we get energy from carbs and the like. And also look at Michis Ladder it categorizes food into tiers so you know which calories are better than others. hope that helps a little bit.

^^^^ This. I was literally scared when I saw all the processed carbs in your diary. It's no wonder! There are 2 things that make you feel fuller longer: Fiber and Protein. Up those and I think the problem will subside. Oh, and I'll +1 marksdaliyapple.com: great site!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    GAAA it's like Im a bottomless pit, I have always been like this though. Constantly hungry or Im full after a meal but 1 hour later Im hungry again. Even on days when I go over my calorie goal (I know there are some items in my diet I dont need ie tim hortons or starbucks, but those are things clients bring for me)...still no excuse. But even on days when I try really hard I still get hungry. I try drinking water to feel full but that just makes me feel sick. I dont know what else to do other than stuff my face lol...HELP?
    [/quote

Raise your activity level.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Raise your activity level.

Sorry bout that, raise your activity level and eat your exercise calories back.
  • TastySocks
    Options
    i don't know if this is for everybody, but red grapes fill me up fast and they last. plus i've recently found that if you are drinking 8 cups of water a day you won't really want any other drinks... it's definitely helping me to stop drink soda.
  • VitaminCMS
    Options
    Don't forget to eat some healthy fats. Healthy fats are important to stave off the hunger. So add guac, olive oil etc...
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    only looked at the one day but say your issue is probably your lunch your eating fruit which your stomach digests quickly and your not having anything to hold you over for the rest of the day and then your body is going omg i am starving and will eat everything for the rest of the night.

adding in some protein with your lunch. had a chicken breast with a salad and then your fruit you will probably find your fuller longer and wont have the munchies later in the day.

if you opt for your ice cap go for a small one made with the milk. but they are just empty calories and should be treated as the occasional treats. in the system you will find you can find the ice caps made with milk for the appropriate calorie counts for your diary so that can help find a few calories.

but ditto what everyone else said some whole grains would help keep you full too.

good luck
  • BreanneMG
    BreanneMG Posts: 42
    Options
    Try filling up on veggies, fruits and grain whenever I am hungry and know I shouldn't be eating anything I'll eat some celery with pb or carrot sticks, apples with pb, cherries, granola, hard boiled eggs ect.. I know you probably think that won't be enough but you'll be surprised! Drinking lots of water and green tea also makes me feel full longer. Hope this helps a little!

Lol that was pretty much my diet today :P