New to the site and needing assistance

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Rebecca and I am new to the site. I've been going over and over it for the last few days and I do believe this is, by far, the easiest site to follow and it's FREE!! :love: I, however, am apparently stuck on stupid and really need some help. I am trying to add a recipe and am not doing something correct. The recipe, itself, is 199 calories per portion, however, when I finish adding in the ingredients, I have like a 2000 calorie recipe. What am I doing wrong??

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hmm, that's weird.

My best guess would be that you have mistakenly added an extra 0 to one of your servings (eg. maybe you added 20 x 100g portions of chicken instead of 2). Or you have picked one of the database entries with a dodgy calorie amount.

I suggest that you go back and re-enter each of the ingredients, check that the calories sound reasonable when you enter them.
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You didn't show how many portions are in the recipe.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You have to make sure you enter the number of servings the recipe makes, that should fix it :) Welcome to MFP
  • vampire1969
    Options
    Thank you, Rubybelle. Let me see if I can explain myself better. Ok....this is the recipe that I am trying to add to the data base...

Ingredients

1¾ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
    ¼ cup granulated sugar
    ¼ cup light brown sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    ½ teaspoon baking powder
    ¼ teaspoon table salt
    ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1½ cups buttermilk
    2 large eggs
    ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
    2 ripe bananas (½ mashed, 1½ cut into thin slices)

Servings
    Serves 8 people (16 pancakes)
    Nutritional Information
    Per Serving

Nutritional Information per serving (2 pancakes): Calories 199 (34% from fat) • carb. 27g • pro. 6g • fat 8g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 71mg • sod. 306mg • calc 81mg • fiber 1g

Now, when I add all of the ingredients into the data base it is calculating some crazy calorie count like 2000 calories. I'm not entering something correctly. Does that help any??
  • vampire1969
    Options
    Thank you all for the "Welcomes" and let me go back and try. I did add 8 for the servings, but let's try again. Thank you :)
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You can always just add your calories in if you know them... Food Diary-Quick Tools-Add calories.