Moms of young kids what do you do on days...

Options
3ofmine
3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
That you run errands all day about your meals? On Thursday I am gone pretty much all day long. I drag three almost 7yr olds to the grocery store, bank, paying bills, school shopping, post office and where ever else I have to go and it takes so long we are eating out for lunch and dinner because it takes so long I am not back in time to cook and them get baths before bedtime. I would like to not to have to eat out but don't see a way around it really because I don't want to have to take them two days in a row(I have tried breaking it up into two days). Going earlier we still end up eating out at lunch at least...so what do you do??
Angel

Replies

• ctwm84
    ctwm84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I premake everything for the next day the day before. Tonight I have already made breakfast, lunch and dinner for tomorrow. Tomorrow I will leave at about 10am and not get home til after 8pm... I leave my dinner in my step moms fridge (she is my daycare provider) and my lunch can hang out in the fridge at work til I get to eat it. I do the "gone all day thing" on Tuesdays and Fridays.

If youre not somewhere that will have a fridge maybe you should get a cooler w a cold pack? Worth a try. Its hard when youre not home ALL day and spend it either running around or working with a little one. My boy is almost 8 months old and screams at me the entire time Im cooking...
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    If it's fast food, I get grilled chicken with no cheese/mayo and skip the fries. Drink water. Another good choice for us is a Pizza buffet of some type. We have CiCi's here, and I fill up on salad, and they will make a thin crust veggie pizza with light sauce/cheese if I ask them. It comes out to about 70 calories a slice. Subway is also a good choice.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Bulk make some stuff for the freezer and then just cook rice/pasta to go with it. I do this for days when we are busy/out and about to cook. It's great knowing you are still eating well but just conviently!
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have all the lower calorie fast foods memorized. Wendys, to taco bell, to burger king, to boston market, to subway of course. Chicken nuggets at wendy's and a chili will fill me up, are only 2.00, and I think is only about 430 calories total. I usually can't finish all the chili though. Jumbo Jacks are only like 480 without the cheese... you can get a jumbo jack jr for 350 or something like that. Lets see same with burger king their wopper jr's aren't that bad. Carl's Jr. has some KILLER chicken wraps all under 300. Mmmm. Okay now I have to stop! Its not ideal eating out but you can eat just about anywhere. Oww and Jack n a box's chicken salad i had the other day with light vinaigrette was amazing!
  • Bssh
    Bssh Posts: 123
    Options
    Could you take packed lunches with you and eat in the car, park, bench?
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can use a crock pot! When you get home for dinner time it'll be cooked. I used both of mine yesterday one for beans ans one for a whole chicken. By the time we got home around 6-7pm everything was cooked. :)
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    My mom always packed a cooler when we were out because she couldn't afford to buy us all fast food (sandwiches cut in half & wrapped separately so we could have a half at a time, fruit and drinks). She also used the crock pot a lot for dinner.