Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition Challenge

Options
I am a sucker for reality tv, the newest one that has caught my attention is Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition. I am proposing a challenge for myself, and others that want to join.

I'm know not everyone will agree this, any negativity can be directed else where because its not welcome here.

My goal is 90 lbs in 90 days by using the methods from the show.

I'm using some of the females from the show as an example but my diet will include:

About 1500 calories/daily
low sodium
low sugar

Cardio 6x a week
Weight training 3x a week
Working out approx 2-4 hours a day

Add me if you would like to join in my challenge. I will try my best to blog a few times weekly as updates.

Good luck to all!

Replies

• kateblue72
    kateblue72 Posts: 113
    Options
    Wow! Pretty big goal .... but you have youth on your side! Good luck, but don't be discouraged if you don't 'make' it..... make sure to measure too - those numbers may be huge enough.:smile:
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love that show too! Very inspiring and great workout and food tips. No negative comments, but just remember those people were under strict care of not only Chris, but a doctor, and a dietitian. They had eyes on them 24/7 because their weight loss journey was, well, extreme;). So again...be careful. Good luck!
  • SunflowerRox
    SunflowerRox Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I also love that show!

The ;last eppie had me very inspired and i actually cried. It makes me want to reach my goal. Good luck!
  • QueenyLanae
    QueenyLanae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE EM: Weight Loss Edition.

I found a website that has the workout videos and meal plan... You have to make an account but its free

https://www.exercise.com/extreme-makeover

i made the account but I'm not starting the plan until my birthday. But I hope it helps you
  • 13hope13
    13hope13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the plan. I'm planing on following the plan just to see how well it works. I 've been doing MFP or three months and have lost 20 pounds. I'm frustrated it's not more. Hope all goes well for you!
  • BiggestChallenge
    Options
    Awesome! I will def. have to check out the site!

Thanks for the encouragment everyone!!

Im excited about starting my new lifestyle.
  • QueenyLanae
    Options
    I'm glad that along my journey, I can help someone else on theirs.
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of this challenge. I want to lose 40 pounds....so I will make it my goal to lose 40 pounds in 90 days...it's very motivational....
  • QueenyLanae
    Options
    So I decided not to wait until my birthday. I'm starting today!!!
  • clamoreaux2012
    Options
    I love that show too! Very inspiring and great workout and food tips. No negative comments, but just remember those people were under strict care of not only Chris, but a doctor, and a dietitian. They had eyes on them 24/7 because their weight loss journey was, well, extreme;). So again...be careful. Good luck!

This is good advise, most medical professionals recommend a slower weight loss plan such as 1-2lbs per week. I think its great that you are down 20lbs. The only reason the people on this show were able to do this is because they were monitored by health professionals daily. Also keep in mind the yo-yo effect when you start this, research has shown that most people who take of weight quickly put it back on while those who did it at a slower pace seemed to keep it off longer. Not trying to be negative, I think its great that you are challenging yourself. Just want you to me safe... good luck. Keep us updated.
  • tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good for you Queenie! Sometimes you just have to push ahead. There is never a "perfect" time to really start an eating plan. Things will always come up. I started mines today and almost slipped but I am staying focused. I really want to get to that weight loss and feel good about myself. Its not even the looking good part (its a perk) but it is more of a "I want to be healthy and see what I can accomplish goal".

Again, great job!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I am doing low carb, low sugar and am pretty active now (try to do something every day) and lose pretty steadily. Although I don't have a definite # desired in a certain number of days< i will definitely add ya!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I want to go for it I have 35 to lose but I want the challenge, just getting the 4 hrs in just have to plan am off 3 days a week I can get the 4 hrs in on those days 2hr in the morning 2hrs at night. My days I work 1 hr in the morning and 1 hr in the evenings. Wow going to be challenging.
  • ERMBSN
    ERMBSN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i think it's great that you want to challenge your self. What they don't show on Extreme Makeover is the time they spend icing swollen joints. Mainly knees and ankles. But, I do believe you should get your doctors ok before working out so much. As long as it's done safely go for it. Infact I will join you in your challenge. I will lose 65 pounds in 90 days. I wish you the best of luck.
  • QueenyLanae
    Options
    Good for you Queenie! Sometimes you just have to push ahead. There is never a "perfect" time to really start an eating plan. Things will always come up. I started mines today and almost slipped but I am staying focused. I really want to get to that weight loss and feel good about myself. Its not even the looking good part (its a perk) but it is more of a "I want to be healthy and see what I can accomplish goal".

Again, great job!

Thanks. The original plan was to start on August 1 since my b-day in on July 31. Then i though about it and just didn't want to put it off. so I've accepted that, i will probably go over my calorie goal on the 31st. But I will be right back at on the 1st.
  • feiziah
    feiziah Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Biggest Challenge,

So, did you make it? I know this is like 2 years overdue but I just wanna know whether you have reached your goal. I am loving the show too. I live in Malaysia so I guessed you guys have watched this til the end and we are just getting the show here in my country. Anyway, I am on the way to weight loss too. I am following Dr. Fuhrman's plan. In 12 weeks I have managed to lose 11.5 kg. Good luck to me too!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    face palm* Probably not because he deactivated his account.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi Biggest Challenge,

So, did you make it? I know this is like 2 years overdue but I just wanna know whether you have reached your goal. I am loving the show too. I live in Malaysia so I guessed you guys have watched this til the end and we are just getting the show here in my country. Anyway, I am on the way to weight loss too. I am following Dr. Fuhrman's plan. In 12 weeks I have managed to lose 11.5 kg. Good luck to me too!

*Note* The majority of the posters who thought this was a good idea have either deactivated or not logged in for a very long time, a lot of tickers are at a standstill. I don't think it worked, do you?
  • msbizybee
    msbizybee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think that 40lbs is very attainable I will work at it with you. 90lbs would not be possible for me because I have too many other responsibilities to work out that many hours a day and I would have to have a dietician planning meals for me, shopping for me, and well cooking/preparing for me too.