1300 cals left and 10 pm?

Options
Hey so I know people have posted this before but I don't have the time to search through a ton of posts. I have 1,340 calories left and my net is -140. I'm not hungry and I really just want to go to bed. Should I eat something or forget it?

Replies

• Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    forget it.. save it for next time you really want something..
  • mama2mila
    mama2mila Posts: 92
    Options
    all depends on how much you've eaten today?
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I would maybe at least have a couple/3 TBS of Peanut Butter for protein and good fats.... and at 200 cal for 2T, that would up you at least a bit!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    For nutrition sake, I'd eat something. Usually I'd say just try to eat more tomorrow but it seems like you should do that and eat something nutritious

EDIT: Just looked at your diary, I think you're good :smile:
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Go to bed if you are not hungry. Just don't make a regular practice of it.
  • krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on some bread, toast, english muffin, etc. If you're starving tomorrow and end up going over don't worry, what you average over a week is what matters. Make up for it tomorrow if you feel hungry.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    for nights like this, i have a protein shake. I use body by vi.. they are 90 calories (i add a cup of fruit to make it close to 200 calories) AND the protein helps to repair and build your muscles while you sleep.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    :smile: yes you should eat something-mixture of protein and complex carb- you arent doing yourself any favors by not eating- it slows your metabolism and will leave you famished, fuzzy headed and tired tomorrow...as well as leaving your body nothing but muscle to burn for energy....six small meals a day ....at 200 cals a time its small enough to eat even if you arent hungry and will keep your metabolism buzzing and keep you from getting sick.
  • HarlequinnAsh
    Options
    Give yourself a treat for the night? Maybe a slice of cake youve been craving or a nice cup of chocolate milk. Or if you need something to keep you full during the night so you dont wake up ravenous the next day try oatmeal or some cereal
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Eat something if you want and consider planning your nutrition a little better tomorrow. One day isn't going to mess up your program, but it would be bad to make it a trend.
  • pursuitoffitness
    Options
    I would maybe at least have a couple/3 TBS of Peanut Butter for protein and good fats.... and at 200 cal for 2T, that would up you at least a bit!
    Allergic to nuts! Ah!
  • pursuitoffitness
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! I'm so exhausted that today is the only day where my net will be so low! I'm going to go to bed and have a super healthy day tomorrow where I don't exercise so much right before bed. Thanks to everyone :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! I'm so exhausted that today is the only day where my net will be so low! I'm going to go to bed and have a super healthy day tomorrow where I don't exercise so much right before bed. Thanks to everyone :)

The rest of the week, don't feel bad if you go over your calories- it's about your deficit over time, not just one day. Use the extra cals to enjoy a meal out this weekend if you like.
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    One of the things I do if I exercise late is to log the exercise on the next day. Then tomorrow, I know from the time I get up what net calories I've got.

Peanut butter toast for breakfast, maybe? :-)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    If you're truly not hungry don't eat. If you're hungry, go ahead and eat. It's not rocket science.