1 Week Binge Free

Options
watters87
watters87 Posts: 48 Member
And I feel so positive! It's like something just clicked. The way I feel right now, I won't ever go back. The desire has just gone. In fact, this week mentally has been tough for various reasons, but for once in my life I have actually turned away from food in times of stress.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Overcome years and years of binging?

Replies

• FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That's so excellent! Well done. If you fall off the wagon, don't beat yourself up; you have already proved you can do it.
  • fitandhealthy42012
    Options
    Well done to you keep it up.

No this hasn't happened to me yet but i'm hoping I can turn away too, i'm going to try my best anyway. I have to say on my very first day on mfp i was good the whole day but come the evening my weakest point of the day i felt really down so run out to the shops to buy a bag of Haribos, which i demolished in no time but felt really sick and guilty afterwards. It wasn't worth it will not be doing that again. I was honest enough to add it to my food list which highlighted how bad it was. Oh yes just remembering i did have another stressful moment since that day which i did not reach out for any guilty pleasures so hopefully i can continue I'm pleased I did not even notice so thanks mfp i may have cracked it too, want to continue.
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That is amazing news!!! Well done and keep going xxx
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well done you!! Yes..it's quite a feat to get to be able to do that.

I am just into my first week of a very low cal diet and thankfully have not even felt like giving in as yet.
    Just be determined that if the binges do creep up on you to get back on the wagon a.s.a.p.!

All the best to you.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Great job! :) I'm a binge eater/bulimic of 3 years, but if I make it through today successfully, it will be my 30th day binge-free. Something just sorta clicked for me too! Keep doing whatever you're doing.
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up. I was a binger and although there are still days that I find myself binging, the fact that it's a habit that I log all my calories gets me out of that mindset. Yay for small victories.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope I am able to achieve that someday also.
  • bex_86_
    bex_86_ Posts: 92
    Options
    Congratulations, that's awesome. Binge eating is so hard to overcome. Took me
    A while to get over that urge x