76 LBS lost in 4 months. Lowest weight since teen years.

Options

Replies

• faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats!!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    thats awesome, you look so young too.
  • CallyBeth08
    CallyBeth08 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is amazing.... Congrats!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You look 10 years younger! Awesome job!

I have to ask, because I am big guy myself, do you think you will have trouble keeping it off? I have heard the horror stories and would like to try what you did, but I don't want my weight to come back with a vengeance.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • chantalM613
    chantalM613 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! It sounds like you're following the "eat to Live" program.... Good for you. the way you're eating is really the healthiest. I tried it and couldn't really stick to it. About ten years ago i lost over 100 lbs. by cutting out all carbs
    (even fruit). not too healthy but then again being that overweight was a significant health risk!
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    wow!! awesome, congrats!
  • mariselaalves
    mariselaalves Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. Congratulations. :smile:
  • jdswaker
    jdswaker Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! Congratulations!!!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! So much younger, and much, much happier! Congratulations!!
  • Bizeebec150
    Options
    That is just awesome congratulations. I was vegan for six months to end a plateau I had and it worked wonderfully. Having a few iron deficincies curtailed some of that though - but really enjoyed that diet! <forks over knives"

www.bizeebec.com
  • kalyy
    kalyy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a change, you look amazing!!! :smile:
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    great job man - you look like a new (happy) man!! question for you - I've been doing it nearly 4 months now, but I've only dropped 38 pounds....I'm pretty happy with it, as its about 10 pounds a month, and I didn't starve myself and did exercise (typically ate around 1900 calories, and did about 300 calories worth of exercise a day, walking then running, and not "eating back" those calories). I'm a vegetarian, but I do eat milk products. Can I ask you where you get your protein, and do you track your food? If so, how many calories were you getting and what percentages (thru protein shakes, I try to keep my protein over 30%). Did you feel like you were starving yourself and if so, do you think you lost muscle?

I went on a VLCD many years ago (which is basically a starvation diet), which worked but I felt much weaker afterwards, so this time I made a point to exercise to reduce muscle loss.

Seeing your success has inspired me to revamp my efforts and try to double down!!! pls keep up the new healthy lifestyle and let me know if you can give any more description to act as guidance to us folks in the trenches. I was 265 in March, currently 225...looking to get to 200 by end of Sept I hope.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    You look 10 years younger! Awesome job!

I have to ask, because I am big guy myself, do you think you will have trouble keeping it off? I have heard the horror stories and would like to try what you did, but I don't want my weight to come back with a vengeance.
    Thank you! I feel younger!

I think i will have no problem keeping it off as long as i continue my new lifestyle habits. I have no doubt that if i went back to eating pizza and cheeseburgers every day, i would gain it all back, but i can't imagine doing that. I have managed to change my taste buds and what appeals to me. Foods that have a lot of fat usually don't look good to me anymore.

I wouldn't be afraid to try. What helped me this time over previous times was that my focus was on overall health, not just weight loss. I figured i'll look around at all the healthy active people i know, and do what they do. We all know those people. The guy at your work who runs marathons. The lady on your block who is 65 and looks like she is 40. Your athletic cousin. The guy who passes you on the bike path like you are standing still. Those are the people i decided to emulate. I never restrict my calories, and i never have to feel hungry, that's what a person trying to lose weight does, not what a healthy person would do. I eat all i want, but i eat the foods i know are going to nourish me, and i have been working on making that my habit. As long as i do what healthy people do, i don't ever have to worry about it coming back.

It helps me to work with what i do naturally. I am lazy sometimes, and that has led me to eating restaurant food in the past, because i dont want to prepare anything. So instead of fighting that, i work with it. I keep bananas around at all times. The ultimate grab and go food!
    I also have a long history of doing what makes me feel good. We all do. Instead of trying to fight that, i work with it. Eating good food makes me feel good, and eating salty, fatty, or processed food usually makes me feel bad, i use that as a way to keep me on track. I have never had a problem doing something that makes me feel good, and that makes it sustainable. I never have to feel like i'm not getting what i want, because i get it every day. There is no motivation to ever stop.

Anyway, that's my head-game strategy. It helps me, maybe it can help you.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    great job man - you look like a new (happy) man!! question for you - I've been doing it nearly 4 months now, but I've only dropped 38 pounds....I'm pretty happy with it, as its about 10 pounds a month, and I didn't starve myself and did exercise (typically ate around 1900 calories, and did about 300 calories worth of exercise a day, walking then running, and not "eating back" those calories). I'm a vegetarian, but I do eat milk products. Can I ask you where you get your protein, and do you track your food? If so, how many calories were you getting and what percentages (thru protein shakes, I try to keep my protein over 30%). Did you feel like you were starving yourself and if so, do you think you lost muscle?

I went on a VLCD many years ago (which is basically a starvation diet), which worked but I felt much weaker afterwards, so this time I made a point to exercise to reduce muscle loss.

Seeing your success has inspired me to revamp my efforts and try to double down!!! pls keep up the new healthy lifestyle and let me know if you can give any more description to act as guidance to us folks in the trenches. I was 265 in March, currently 225...looking to get to 200 by end of Sept I hope.
    Sounds like you are on track. 10 LBS a month is pretty fast! I get my protein from all sorts of food. There is protein in green leafy vegetables as well as fruit. There is protein in almost everything i eat. We don't need as much protein in our diet as we have been lead to believe. I eat around 8-12% of my calories from protein, and i continue to improve my strength and muscle size with every trip to the gym (And recovery cycle).
    I NEVER feel like i am starving, because i eat a lot of food. I eat a lot of fruit and a lot of green leafy vegetables, and my very rarely feel hungry or low on energy.
    For more info, check out Dr. Doug Graham's book, "The 80/10/10 Diet"
    Good luck!
  • agibson2786
    agibson2786 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    way to go!!
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Sounds like you are on track. 10 LBS a month is pretty fast! I get my protein from all sorts of food. There is protein in green leafy vegetables as well as fruit. There is protein in almost everything i eat. We don't need as much protein in our diet as we have been lead to believe. I eat around 8-12% of my calories from protein, and i continue to improve my strength and muscle size with every trip to the gym (And recovery cycle).
    I NEVER feel like i am starving, because i eat a lot of food. I eat a lot of fruit and a lot of green leafy vegetables, and my very rarely feel hungry or low on energy.
    For more info, check out Dr. Doug Graham's book, "The 80/10/10 Diet"
    Good luck!

awesome - I'll check it out - thanks!!!
  • michelleesther
    michelleesther Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is awsome! Congratulations!
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wow you lost that quickly. Well done !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!