Do you have a Friday the 13th story?

Options
Dauntlessness
Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
I thought it would be fun to share some fun, amusing or scary stories about things that happened to us on Friday the 13th.

Mine: I was around 18 years old and driving my first beat up car. It was a little Omni.It looked very similar to this. dodge-omni-parts.jpg

So, I'm sitting at a stoplight and the light turned green. The family mini van in front of me proceeded to go through the intersection and BAM! This huge dump truck full of gravel ran into the van going about 30-35mph. Thankfully it hit the back corner, spun it around 2-3 times and even though it did a ton of damage, everyone was okay. I was maybe 2-3 feet from the accident, 1-2 more seconds the dump truck would have hit me dead on in that tiny car. I honestly don't think I would have made it. I think there are key moments in your life whether you decide to live or die and that was one of mine.

Replies

• Jamers1213
    Jamers1213 Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow that's a crazy story, good thing nobody was hurt! I was actually born on Friday the 13th, so it's usually a pretty good day for me.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i dont, but yikes!!!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter was born on Friday the 13th! I was two weeks overdue and had gone to the Dr. on Thursday. The Dr. gave me the option of putting me in the hospital for induction of labor on the next day (Frid 13th) or on the following Monday. I, of course, said the next day. My husband says "we can't tomorrow, it's Friday the 13th" to which I responded, "I don't care what day it is, this baby is coming TOMORROW...I'm two weeks over, are you CRAZY???!!!!"

He realized that he had no say in the matter and reluctantly agreed. We set up the induction for the following morning and left the office.....at 10:30 that night, I went into labor on my own and my little darling was born at 2:12 the following morning on FRIDAY the 13th!!!! We still laugh about it to this day 18 years later. :-)
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Got to work this morning, and the server is down.... then we find out the last successful back up of data was Sunday. SO.... guess who gets to recreate the last weeks of work?
  • 1n2m3g
    1n2m3g Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a crazy story, good thing nobody was hurt! I was actually born on Friday the 13th, so it's usually a pretty good day for me.

My son was born on a Friday the 13th (April) - it's my favorite day ever!!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I don't wanna scare anyone, but I'm gonna give it to you straight about Jason. His body was never recovered from the lake after he drowned. And if you listen to the old-timers in town, they'll tell you he's still out there, some sort of demented creature, surviving in the wilderness, full grown by now... stalking... stealing what he needs, living off wild animals and vegetation. Some folks claim they've even seen him, right in this area. The girl that survived that night at Camp Blood, that... Friday The 13th? She claimed she saw him. She disappeared two months later... vanished. Blood was everywhere. No one knows what happened to her. Legend has it that Jason saw his mother beheaded that night. Then, he took his revenge, a revenge he continued to seek if anyone ever enters his wilderness again. And, by now, I guess you all know we're the first to return here. Five years... five long years he's been dorment. And he's hungry. Jason's out there... watching... always on the prowl for intruders... ready to kill... ready to devour... thirsty for young blood
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My oldest son was born Friday the 13th, so its a luck day for me :)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i dont have one that i can recall, but bump for later..looking forwadr to some crazy stories :drinker:
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow scary story, but if you look at all the statistics Friday the 13th is actually one of the more safer days of they year. Due to the fact that more people are cautious about what they do. They tend to drive more careful, look around more just over all are a lot more careful on this day. So far my day has been uneventful. I just hope it stays that way...

Take care all...
  • Judontmesswithme
    Options
    Not so much as a story, but my birthday is September 13th. Next year, in 2013, it will fall on Friday the 13th when I will be turning 31... Is that not freaky? Next year I am so having a huge party.
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    My best friend was married on the 13th, with the intention of her anniversary one day falling on a Friday. In their religion, The 13ths represents the Great Goddess.

Just an interesting take. Not trying to advocate anything or whatever.
  • gingah73
    gingah73 Posts: 28
    Options
    I quit smoking on Friday the 13th! (4/13/12)
  • hydroB
    hydroB Posts: 1
    Options
    I got married on a Friday the 13th. It has always been a lucky day for me.
  • payupalice
    payupalice Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I met the love of my life on (Friday) Oct 13, 2006, at a superstition-themed party. He was (is) covered in tattoos, holding a bottle of Bushmill's, and had just rolled sushi for the party. I was smitten, but ran off like Cinderella before he could get my number. Nearly 6 years later, I still love him like crazy!
    Oh, and today's his birthday!
  • Jamers1213
    Jamers1213 Posts: 16
    Options
    My oldest daughter was born on Friday the 13th! I was two weeks overdue and had gone to the Dr. on Thursday. The Dr. gave me the option of putting me in the hospital for induction of labor on the next day (Frid 13th) or on the following Monday. I, of course, said the next day. My husband says "we can't tomorrow, it's Friday the 13th" to which I responded, "I don't care what day it is, this baby is coming TOMORROW...I'm two weeks over, are you CRAZY???!!!!"

He realized that he had no say in the matter and reluctantly agreed. We set up the induction for the following morning and left the office.....at 10:30 that night, I went into labor on my own and my little darling was born at 2:12 the following morning on FRIDAY the 13th!!!! We still laugh about it to this day 18 years later. :-)

Very interesting, because I was also 2 weeks late coming out!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks for responding :)