Drinking water = No Sleep!

Options
I have increased my water intake and am up half of the night peeing it all out! This is good for the scale, but I'm not getting a good night's rest!! What does everyone else do???

Replies

• phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Drink your water much earlier in the day. I stop my water intake by 5PM.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. I am up about 7 times a night to pee. Annoying.
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    try to drink the majority of your water earlier in the day...I still usually have to get up once to go to the bathroom at night. If you're just getting used to drinking so much water your body takes time to adjust...when I first increased my water intake i was peeing all the time!! Now it's not so bad.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I drink about two cups of water 30 minutes before bed time, go to the toilet then I am empty.. Then I drink another half cup and go to sleep and if I wake up in the middle of the night I drink more. By the morning I need to go!
  • MrsLip4d
    MrsLip4d Posts: 29
    Options
    Bump!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    A bigger bed.
    Or some empty Gatorade bottles..
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    stop earlier.
  • CVAB
    CVAB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I found that at first but then my body got use to it. Also I don't drink water after 5 either but I always have a small glass before bed.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking 2-3 hours before your bedtime.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I drink around 8 cups of water a day, and 3 or 4 mugs of tea. So you might think I would pee a lot at night, I drink 2 mugs of tea on the night and usually have a pint of water. Within an hour, I've already gone to the loo and it's pretty much gone. So I get a good nights sleep.

You could try drinking less so late at night or find a time where you need to go to the loo just before bed.

You need to be careful with how much you drink though on a night. I had the worst pain on the weekend, I didn't go to the loo on the night and I had drunk what I mentioned earlier, got up at around 7am and didn't feel a thing, went back to sleep, got up a little later and I had the worst pain on my left side. It felt like someone had a grip on my bladder, I could of cried. This lasted throughout the process of peeing, I had to lie down and try and get through the pain which felt like it lasted for hours.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had that problem for a long time, but I'm finding that after starting a really heavy cardio workout in the heat I'm sweating so freaking much that I'm not getting up hardly at all!