Whats your homemade granola bar?

Options
saiabone
saiabone Posts: 29 Member
I am seeking a healthy filling granola bar that is somewhat easy to make this morning I quickly put together this recipe: http://www.gwens-nest.com/family-favorite-recipes/granola-bar-recipe But I found it to be very sweet...Anyone want to share their recipe please!! :-D

Replies

• julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump! Saving this thread for later. I was just thinking about posting a similar topic this morning! Hoping to find something chocolately and peanut buttery...Yum.
  • saiabone
    Options
    Ya I mean the one I made this morning was tasty it had peanut butter and a little dark chocolate chips but I am looking for something maybe with less honey
  • saiabone
    Options
    Anyone :(
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I love granola, but I have never tried to make my own. That sounds like a good idea.
  • saiabone
    Options
    Ya I want to make sure there isn't nasty crap that store made ones have in it
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I made several kinds of the following recipe:

3 cups quick-cooking oats
    1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
    about 3 cups "whatever" (nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, dried fruit etc.)
    optional 2 Tbs. butter or peanut butter

Mix everything really well. Spread it in a 13x9 pan that is lined with foil and greased. You can use a bigger pan for thinner bars.
    Bake at 350°F for 20-25 min, depending on how crispy you like your granola bars. Let cool for 5 min and cut in squares with a pizza cutter. Cool completely and wrap in foil. They keep quite a while in the pantry.

Our current favorite is Apple Pie Granola Bars: I added chopped dried apples, raisins, walnuts and butterscotch chips to the mix *YUM*

Calories depend on the size of the bar and the "whatever" you mix in. Mine are usually between 120-150 cal.
  • twinkler455
    twinkler455 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    Options
    bump
  • sneakypackrat
    sneakypackrat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    These are so good, I double the applesauce to make them chewy.

GRANOLA BARS

3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 cup wheat germ (optional)
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 egg, beaten
    1/4 cup honey
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1/4 cup applesauce (use another 1/4 cup of applesauce if you want them to be chewier)
    1/4 cup natural chunky peanut butter
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts or unsweetened coconut (optional- not added in for calories)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Line baking dish with Reynolds Wrap, letting some hang over the edges and spray with Pam.

In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, wheat germ, spices, and salt. In medium bowl, mix together the honey, egg, oil, applesauce, PB and vanilla. Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Stir well or mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. (I layered the pan w/ foil and sprayed Pam on a spatula to press them down)

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut. Pick up the edges of the foil and place on a cutting board and cut into bars. Keep in an airtight container.

24 Servings
    Amount Per Serving (with peanut butter, and no additions if you make them w/out PB then they're about 86 calories per bar)
    Calories 117.2
    (My favorite!!!)
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Candy_monster
    Options
    bump

sounds amazing
  • BrendaHyde
    BrendaHyde Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • saiabone
    Options
    Yum!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • osnet1
    osnet1 Posts: 43
    Options
    Bum
  • osnet1
    osnet1 Posts: 43
    Options
    P
  • jencooks
    jencooks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    These are sooooo good. I used honey instead of the corn syrup.
    Nutrition info is already in the food database (140ish calories)

Gobble Up granola Bars from Allrecipes.

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
    2 cups quick-cooking oats
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup light corn syrup
    1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

In a large bowl, stir together the rice cereal, oats, and raisins. Set aside. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
    Combine the brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat just until boiling, then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour over the cereal and oat mixture, and mix well.
    Press into the prepared pan using the back of a large spoon. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    /