Bonus - I am ENJOYING food more

Options
Ever since I started logging my food and therefore paying much more attention to what I am eating rather than just blindly shoveling the food in, I am much more "aware" when I am eating and it just tastes better somehow. Example: I had been cutting back on carbs and when I ate that one cup of penne the other day as a side dish, it was just DE-licious and I savoured every bite. The difference between before and after - is that I stuck to that one cup of delicious and appreciated it rather than filling an entire plate and scoffing it. And when there's a "treat", well, it really does FEEL like a treat ! This seems to just be a built in bonus to getting healthier and more fit !

:bigsmile:

Replies

• wannagetfit02
    wannagetfit02 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I was on the primal diet and was depriving myself too much. Now that I am tracking calories I can have more variety. I had a piece of toast this morning and it was wonderful. I am trying (which is really hard and I am not there yet) to put my fork down between bites. I teach school and have learned to shovel my food in quickly before the bell rings. If I do not put my fork down, I shovel. I really like this way of tracking food. I am still eating healthy, but I can have the carbs if I watch the totals at the bottom of my food diary. I am loving it.
  • kumitekg
    kumitekg Posts: 61
    Options
    I too have always eaten WAY too fast ! Maybe it's from being the youngest of 7 kids and having to get yours before it's all gone! Slowing down eating is also a very good habit to focus on!