Very cool website....

Options
A boost of insight for those of us who are working out hard and eating right....here is a website that you can find out where you are on the global fat scale. I went there and logged my info...my result...If everyone in the world had the same BMI as me, it would remove 2,471,917 tonnes of total weight of the world's population...cool and gross all at the same time....check it out...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

Replies

• lily_bell
    lily_bell Posts: 8
    Options
    This website is sad :( It told me that if everyone had the same BMI as me it would add to the world's total weight. Does not make me feel good
  • disgruntledone
    disgruntledone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya Lily-bell. So much for being happy for losing one freaking pound this week. Boo!!
  • LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yeah...definitely didn't give me good news either. :( But, what DID it give me? Motivation, dammit! Motivation to change and NOT be have a higher BMI than 90% of the females in my age range in the US and 100% (yes -- ONE. HUNDRED. PERCENT.) of the females in my age range worldwide.

So that being said....I LIKE that website. :)
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I have a lower BMI than 78% of females in my age range in the US... but higher than 58% worldwide. Man, we are such fatties out here! But if everyone was just like me, I could remove 11,084,906 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population. Which I guess makes sense because, ya know, I'm a chick, and not a very large one at that, so all those shrinking men of average and above average height would certainly make a dent!

*edit* sorry, that number is based on BMI not weight, so nevermind! Also, I tested my fiance's numbers, and the only countries with lower average BMIs than him in his age range are in freaking 3rd world countries. Darn skinny boy.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It told me that I was more aligned with someone from Tonga. I had to look it up. They are a kingdom. I'll go if I can be princess! :laugh: :smokin:
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    it told me I was most like someone from Cambodia.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!