Fat

Options
It seems no matter what I do, I'm consistantly not eating enough fat for the day. Aside from cooking foods in olive oil, which I already do... how else can I add good fats?

Replies

• vouzeme
    vouzeme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Salmon
    Mackerel
    Herring
    Tuna
    Canola oil
    Soybeans
    Flax seeds
    Flax seed oil
    Peanuts
    Peanut butter (without added hydrogenated oils or sugar)
    Olives
    Olive oil
    Sunflower oil
    Avocados
    Almonds
    Walnuts
    Hazelnuts
    Sesame Seeds
    Pumpkin Seeds
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I like to customize my goals. For instance, I think the default Fats on MFP is 30% but my dr. and some other diet sites recommend 25%, so I changed mine to that. I wish I had the problem of not getting enough fats... most of mine comes from red meat which isn't good. The previous post had great recommendations, some that I need to start following....
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I suggest eating a handful of nuts about 30 min before each meal. It will give you good fat and help fill you up quicker when you eat your meal.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Lol... I eat Salmon for dinner 3-4 nights a week! And cook with olive oil. Doesn't ever seem to be enough...

I better stock up on nuts and start sprinkling them on EVERYTHING.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I haven't even begun to worry about that category!
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I had to ask that question too since I also never get enough fat. Try almond butter, peanut butter, avocados, and nuts. I also have started buying regular cheese and 1% milk, instead of the lower fat or fat free versions. I'm also going to stop buying the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light, and just get the regular. I've done so many low fat diets that it's hard for me to realize that I do need to eat a proper amount of fat - and I never thought I was eating too little fat, since I'm very conscious about making sure I get in olive oil or cheese or something fatty because I know it's good for your hair, skin, nails, and brain.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize it was a problem when you aren't getting your fat?
    I second the almond butter, delish. Also an egg has 5 grams of fat.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i actually CRAVE heathy fats especially when TOM is approaching and my fave way...are you as sushi fan? its a great way especially cause a good bit of its raw itll be a good natural source