want a low calorie version of german chocolate cake frosting

Options
fireballaaa
fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
My Parents are coming in today and my Dad loves german chocolate cake. Need a low calorie that tastes great.
Thanks

Replies

• fireballaaa
    Options
    Anyone please.:bigsmile:
  • gonnadoit2010
    gonnadoit2010 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    German Chocolate cake is also my favorite. I'm not sure if there is a way to make this gooey delicious cake low cal and still taste like it should. Only thing I can suggest is portion control. Make cupcakes ( make sure you use paper liners, because they will stick, even if you spray the tins). When I tried this and everything stuck to the muffin pan, I just crumbled up the cake, made the frosting and topped vanilla ice cream with the crumbled cake and then drizzled the warm frosting on top. Everybody enjoyed it. You could subsitute the ice cream with fat free frozen yogurt to bring the calories down. Our you could just enjoy a slice and send the rest of the cake home with Dad. Have fun with your parents!
  • yhwhsesther
    yhwhsesther Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    the cake or the icing or both ?
    i have low calorie both if you need it

German chocolate cake

Ingredients

1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
    1 cup chopped pecans
    1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
    1 (8 ounce) package low fat cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup applesauce
    1 egg beaters
    4 cups confectioners' sugar
    Directions

Sprinkle the coconut and pecans into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
    Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
    In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and applesauce until smooth. Add egg beaters and sugar; beat until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the batter. Carefully spread to within 1 in. of edges.
    Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a serving plate.
  • fireballaaa
    Options
    Thank you very much I do appreciate your help. Sounds wonderful

Theresa
  • yhwhsesther
    yhwhsesther Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    your welcome feel free to email/ message me if you need any other recipes. I have 10000 plus recipes ( i collect them).