Stay full breakfasts - 400 calories

Options
ErinBeth7
ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
I came across this on Pinterest this morning and thought I'd share it with you. It has 10 breakfasts to keep you full until lunch and all recipes are at 400 calories or less. I might make a few of these. They sound good!

http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/diets/low-calorie-breakfasts-400-calorie-fix/pb-b-sandwich

Replies

• MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I am getting sick of hard boiled eggs :)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Basically anything with lots of protein will keep you full for longer, so these recipes have that.

You could also come up with other ones, as long as there is a lot of protein-rich foods, which don't fill up you calorie-quota.
  • ErinBeth7
    Options
    Basically anything with lots of protein will keep you full for longer, so these recipes have that.

You could also come up with other ones, as long as there is a lot of protein-rich foods, which don't fill up you calorie-quota.

Yea, I've been trying to get breakfasts with more protein because between breakfast and lunch is when I get the hungriest. PB & bananas is one of my fave breakfasts.
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    They had me up until they said bagel with cream cheese, that will not keep you full until lunch.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link, I like the english muffin w/ PB and bananas one.
    The last time I had an english muffin I was probably around 12 years old, will have to pick up some at the store today and try it for tomorrow's breakfast.

My go-to breakfast is refrigerator oatmeal, love the stuff and it's under 400 calories.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options

My go-to breakfast is refrigerator oatmeal, love the stuff and it's under 400 calories.

Me too. Oats, yogurt, skimmed milk and a dollop of jam, with chia seeds (not sure if I'll bother replacing these when they've run out), chucked in a jar in the fridge....pure nommy the next morning!

As for English muffins, I stumbled across a recipe for making those this week, and am really tempted to have a bash at making some soon :D
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options

Pretty much this. Thanks for the link OP. Some good ideas
  • Kim2getoffmeds
    Options
    Many thanks for the link!
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for sharing :)
  • ErinBeth7
    Options
    They had me up until they said bagel with cream cheese, that will not keep you full until lunch.

I was thinking that same thing when I saw that bagel. But I do like a few of the other ideas, like the fritatta.
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thats some good ****, thanks for the link.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I split my breakfast up. I have my two boiled eggs around 7 before coming to work. At 10, I will eat my oatmeal and fruit, and am ok til lunch. This is only about 350 calories, so if I AM hungry before lunch, I can always throw a few almonds in there somewhere.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm in a breakfast "rut" so thanks for sharing. It would be great to have some new recipes.