Egg White Omelette

Options
Apparently these are around 35 calories instead of 150ish if you use 2 whole eggs.

But do they taste of anything? And do you cook them in the same way?

Replies

• michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Start with adding maybe 3 eggs but removing one or two of the white. Then as you can comfortable with the taste remove more yoke. At first it will still be yellow in color and will trick you into thinking you're eating the same. You will get acquired to the taste and know it is so much healthier without the yokes. I just use a pan with a spray of non-stick cooking spray and cook them the very same way.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Apparently these are around 35 calories instead of 150ish if you use 2 whole eggs.

But do they taste of anything? And do you cook them in the same way?
    Sorry But life is too short to eat egg whites on their own. Try whole egg but less cheese.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Reducing the number of yolks is a good idea.

Do you really have to put cheese in aswell as the egg? I don't really like cheese

Clearly, I don't know how to cook!!
  • MostMidgetlegs
    MostMidgetlegs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just made a 3 egg white omelette with some dill weed, garlic salt and chopped tomato in it that I loved. I put some medium picante sauce on top too. Very good and only about 75 calories.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    i only put eggwhites in my omelettes but it tastes better than ever and i put a tonnn of veggies and cayenne pepper :)
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    egg whites are delishh! i dont do omlettes but i eat egg whites like everydayyy ahaha
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I make my egg white omelets with 5 eggs (4 whites, one yolk). If you add a tablespoon or so of milk (skim is fine) and whisk it all together before pouring it into a hot, PAM sprayed pan, you'll find it binds better. Personally, I like cheese, so once it's nearly done I add in a serving of whatever I have on hand, some veggies, salt, pepper and it's delish.

Don't put salt and pepper in the raw egg - it will mess up the consistency and make it rubbery.

The great thing about egg whites is that you can dress them up with whatever is tasty and they will just absorb the flavor. And, they will sustain you for quite a while. I find a big omelet at 9am gets me into the afternoon.