Macros

Options
jdavis193
jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
So I am at 1300 cals and my macros are set at 55% carbs I know you should eat 1 lb of protein per body weight but I am having a hard time to staying under my 55% carbs. I am not a meat eater so that's a huge problem for me. I eat a lot of nuts eggs proetein shakes etc. What do you all think I need to do?

Replies

• kikimommy
    kikimommy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you do dairy, greek yogurt and cottage cheese can help. Also, I'd be sure that the carbs you're eating are good quality and contain protein (quinoa, whole wheat, etc). Here is a good explanation graphics.

http://online-nutrition-degrees.com/good-carbs-vs-bad-carbs-infographic/
    http://dailyinfographic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/good-carb-vs-bad-carbs.gif
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Hey thanks ya. I do eat a lot of this. I am getting tired of them blah...
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    have you tried protein bars?
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Yes I do by Clif bars and luna. I think I am just getting tired of the same old stuff.
  • uwrobi
    uwrobi Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm doing 40/30/30 p/c/f for my cut and I'm able to stay under my carbs while still hitting my protein. I used to be vegan as well, and I gobbled down those clif protein bars every day thinking they're healthy because they're marketed as such, but let me tell you: they hurt you if you're trying to hit macros. They don't really fill you up while adding to your carbohydrate counts. Eat more real foods, or switch to protein shakes that contain a lot more protein to carbohydrate ratio if you want to hit your macros more efficiently.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I'm doing 40/30/30 p/c/f for my cut and I'm able to stay under my carbs while still hitting my protein. I used to be vegan as well, and I gobbled down those clif protein bars every day thinking they're healthy because they're marketed as such, but let me tell you: they hurt you if you're trying to hit macros. They don't really fill you up while adding to your carbohydrate counts. Eat more real foods, or switch to protein shakes that contain a lot more protein to carbohydrate ratio if you want to hit your macros more efficiently.

I totally agree with aobut the cliff bars thats why I don't eat them all the time just occasionally.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Agree.

Try making your diet as whole food based as possible, I suspect that you will find that it becomes easier to meet your macros (and micros) and chasing calories becomes less of an issue.

Basically, processed foods tend to throw you into a surplus of certain nutrients and deficits of others, all the while still adding to your daily caloric intake.
  • jdavis193
    Options

Agree.

Try making your diet as whole food based as possible, I suspect that you will find that it becomes easier to meet your macros (and micros) and chasing calories becomes less of an issue.

Yes they do. I do usually eat whole foods. I do through in a protein bar when needed. I do 40/30/30 as well

Basically, processed foods tend to throw you into a surplus of certain nutrients and deficits of others, all the while still adding to your daily caloric intake.