Trying to stay positive...but sometimes it's so hard!

Options
2»

Replies

• stayingpositive100
    Options
    Fruit alone isn't enough for breakfast.

What is Hill Country Fare - Apple Cinnamon Toasted Oats? cereal? oatmeal? It has a lot of sugar in it. I think that has to be replaced with something else.

Maybe no Doritos, Chick-Fil-A, and Oreo Creme Pie? That is why I think you lost no weight. If your husband is eating chips or pie, you can have a couple chips and one spoonful of the pie.

I understand fruit isn't enough for breakfast...but I am not much of a breakfast eater so some mornings I'm not hungry or really want anything--so that is why I just had fruit that one morning. I agree the pie wasn't the best decision...but I did make sure to cut back and not have bread on my burger and just ate the patty and went to the pool to workout afterwards. I am not going to "diet" and eliminate foods, because I know I won't be able to keep that up. I will however measure and make sure I am eating the serving size and log everything I eat....doing that I have stayed under calories and most days under my sugar allotment. I have done diets where I don't ever eat anything but protein and fruits and veggies and I lost weight, but that is not a lifestyle I can do forever. I am all for moderation-- hence why when I did go to chick fil a I cut back on my regular order and when I had Doritos I measured out serving size instead of putting handfuls on my plate.
  • hungrybunni
    hungrybunni Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hang in there........I find that my weight loss tends to show up fortnightly. I can be amazing good in week one and lose nothing then cheat second week and lose on the scale......ironically I can be bad the first week and good the second and then the lose will show. defo would not recommend daily weighing!!!
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Okay...I know you're hearing this from all directions...but as a girl who beat 282 into submission not that long ago...can I just tell you how amazing it is that you are here! You are doing this. give it time! Be sure to take your meaurements...sometimes when the scale doesn't go down...these are a great benchmark. But remember to measure your success in walks taken and days logged...not just in pounds lost!

YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Okay...I know you're hearing this from all directions...but as a girl who beat 282 into submission not that long ago...can I just tell you how amazing it is that you are here! You are doing this. give it time! Be sure to take your meaurements...sometimes when the scale doesn't go down...these are a great benchmark. But remember to measure your success in walks taken and days logged...not just in pounds lost!

YOU CAN DO THIS!

PS...Please friend me.
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! How did you determine your calories in terms of a goal? Are you eating throughout the day to keep your metabolism from spiking then dropping. I took a nutrition class at the community college and was shocked at how little I knew about how my body uses food, when to eat, and when to eat what. If meeting with a nutritionist is an option for you I highly recommend it. It is a true science and message boards like this are great for motivation, but are filled with contradictory and sometimes dangerous advise. You can do this! All you need is the right set of tools.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Well, when I got home from the gym I just wanted to try one more time.... I fixed the scale and made sure it was only on one tile so it was level--sure enough it was still at 282.2 same place as Monday morning.
    Don't weight yourself during the day. It's subjective to what you drank, ate, and how much you sweat. I normally weigh 3-4 pounds more during the day than I do during the morning. Think about it. How much does your breakfast, 2 cups of coffee, and 3-4 big glasses of water weigh? There's no telling when your body decides to get rid of excess fluid or keep it.

Weigh first thing in the morning after you empty your bladder. This is the best accurate measurement of your base line weight. I also recommend weighing yourself every morning. Your weight can go up and down a few pounds from day to day and what if your day to weigh in just happened to be your highest day for the week? Weigh each morning and track your lows. Don't mind a pound or two jump in the scale unless it doesn't come back down the next day or so. Slight fluctuations happen depending on training or what you ate.
  • cbreckel22
    Options
    I have been working out 4-5 days a week for 7 weeks now, hired a personal trainer during that time, and worked on eating healthily (though I just started on myfitnesspal yesterday) and I have not lost a pound, but I feel better about myself and I'm in much better shape. I think I look a little better, too. I am going to start measuring in addition to weighing in once a week, because I don't think that's a true test. But, I have been a bit bummed and am trying to stay positive also.
  • stayingpositive100
    Options

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Thank you for the support!!!!!! I am not giving up or throwing in the towel-- just going to try harder!
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    my first weight in is Monday morning... my motivation kind of slumped for a little the pass 2 days. I wont see how much effort i put into this until Monday..

i know you can do it, what i did was buy something that motivates me. since im into racing, i bought a racing seat in a 38" waist size.. and im a 48" i look at it every day and it tells me to keep going. your doing this for your self. your doing it so you can improve your self, mentally and physically, everything you do is going to BENEFIT you one way or another.

were all here for the same reason, were all here to change, were all here FOR EACH OTHER
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Thank you for the support!!!!!! I am not giving up or throwing in the towel-- just going to try harder!

It may not be a matter of trying harder. It's more a matter of being patient.
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I began seriously last year, the first week I lost nothing and then the next week only about half a pound. After that my weight loss really took off. Be patient!