@*#^!!!! Gas prices

Options
OK, this is RIDICULOUS!!!! I'm in MIchigan and the pumps just went up to 3.89/gal!!!! My god, I really think these F@#%ing Oil Billionares should give us a break. We are getting poorer and poorer. The gas is making everything more expensive. We would be better off living on a farm like the amish, horses and a garden full of healthy stuff and our own cows to eat.
Sorry, had to vent!!!:mad:

Replies

• GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    OK, this is RIDICULOUS!!!! I'm in MIchigan and the pumps just went up to 3.89/gal!!!! My god, I really think these F@#%ing Oil Billionares should give us a break. We are getting poorer and poorer. The gas is making everything more expensive. We would be better off living on a farm like the amish, horses and a garden full of healthy stuff and our own cows to eat.
    Sorry, had to vent!!!:mad:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    i hear ya all the way. even tho it is 3.55 so far here in fla that is way too much. i need a job across the street from my house so i can walk to work. vent away cause i am right there with ya.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i live in what is considered a 'tourist' town. UGH. its about 3.70 here, and i have a 30 minute commute daily, meaning an hour a day in the car. It is costing me my engagement ring!!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. That money is lining someone's pockets and it sure as hell isn't mine! The rich keep getting richer and the middle class is disappearing...and the poor keep getting screwed. The powers that be need to get up off their dead *kitten* and open up the strategic oil reserves, or something!

It sucks that everything is getting more expensive but the amount of money coming in is still the same.
    What am I supposed to do, tell my kids they have to eat less?:explode:

::stepping off of soapbox::
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    We're at 3.65. I feel ya. And stupid me, before gas prices skyrocketed, I bought an SUV. :grumble:
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    OMG!!!:frown: I'm in San Antonio, TX and the gas just hit $3.49 a gallon over the weekend, and I just about passed out! I heard on the news that there are areas in the NW without electricity b/c the homeowners couldn't pay their light bills due to gas costs---they have to get to and from work, but it's costing a fortune! :sad: But, we're doing better than most, so we just have to wing it.....:indifferent:
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    Wow! I thought 3.45 was bad. Maybe I should stop complaining!

Anyone wondered why none of the presidential candidates are really talking about gas prices?? They have all talked about the mortgage crisis, health care, but they've only touched on gas prices...I don't get it!
  • goodlookinsista
    Options
    I live in Maryland in the gas here is $3.70 , I can't take it anymore . and I have a 4 cylinder Toyota Camry .
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

Anyone wondered why none of the presidential candidates are really talking about gas prices?? They have all talked about the mortgage crisis, health care, but they've only touched on gas prices...I don't get it!

It's like the 800lb. gorilla in the room...everyone sees it but no one mentions it.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I have to buy diesel, so I just paid $4.30:mad:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options

Ouch.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I live in Iowa 3.55 a gallon. I try not to go to town unless I really have to. It's like gold to me.:angry:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Equivalent price to that in the uk is $10.00 / gallon :noway: its £1.12 / litre
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options

Just hit $3.45?! Lucky.

I just paid $3.79 to fill up. *sigh*
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    ugh! maybe you should convert to biodiesel?
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    Equivalent price in Australia = AU$6.00 for 1 gallon!!!!!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    If this keeps up I won't be able to afford the 30 min drive to work and back when I get off mat leave!!
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    lmao, $3.80 per gallon works out to £0.44 / litre and i'm paying £1.12, you americans have it cheap lol
  • kmjgrant
    kmjgrant Posts: 80
    Options
    Here in Oklahoma is 3.39 a gallon. So I really can't complain. But, the gas prices are really ridiculous
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options

You mean you haven't heard Hillary's solution on this? It's rediculious and not something that she can do anyway... and even if she did then it would only fall back onto us the way she wants to do it. And we would only be saving a pittance.

And Obama has brought up the Bio fuel thing but then they are saying that it will drive food prices up if they do that.

I'm in Michigan too.... it was 3.66 when I came to work... great... and I think I need gas LOL