Just Dance

Options
Anyone use Just Dance or any other dance games on Wii/XBOX for cardio? Have you had any luck with weight loss?

Replies

• niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have the Just Dance for wii. I don't use it as my "workout" but I do it sometimes with friends and family just for fun. If you dance a lot it could definitely help you burn calories & lose weight, but keep in mind that the calorie counts it gives you are WAY off. It'll say you burned 200 calories in one song which is just not true. I'd say if you were dancing for about 45 min or an hour, depending on which songs they were, you might burn 200.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Ok well no, I haven't used it for weight loss per se, but I have a 5 year old daughter and she is in love with the game, so I use the 'just sweat' mode and we dance out a TON of songs. In my oopinion, anyhting that winds you a little, and makes you sweat is buring calories. i see no reason why a 10 song a day commitment would be any different than 30-40 min of any cardio!! It is funny you posted this because I got my new Heart Rate Monitor in the mail yesterday (I love it!!) and it was my rest day from Insanity, but I just HAD to try it out so we turned on the game, started the monitor, and did 3-4 songs...I am thinking 4. Anywhoo, did it for 17 minutes, burned 68 calories. Sounds like excersise to me ;~) but waaay more fun than an aerobics video in my opinion.
  • earthquick
    earthquick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use it as well, on days that I do not feel like going jogging. It is so much fun and a nice twist to the regular workout. But you would have to do at leat an hour I would say. And pick songs that are fast and require a lot of exercise. I also add extra jumps and moves that help me burn more.
  • megara2484
    megara2484 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2, so I don't have a calorie counter. It is definitely way more fun than a cardio video, and I am doing it in conjunction with the evil 30 DS lol. Glad I'm not the only one who likes to dance like a fool in the comfort of your on home :P