Not enough calories-help!

Options
For about the last week, I haven't conusmed my complete 1200 calories and the weight was falling off (no complaints) however, my appetite is back and I have been eating all my calories and I am gaining weight! Seriously, how can I be gaining weight? I figured I would stay the same weight until my body adjusted...but gaining? Anyone have any tips to help fix this?

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    You won't gain it all back, you're just picking up water with normal food intake (as normal as 1200 calories is!). The fat you burned won't come back as long as you're sticking to the 1200 calories. Keep up the good work and don't worry about the scales on a day by day basis -it's the weeks average to the next weeks average that really shows your progress!
  • kristinamayer
    kristinamayer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is your period coming? That does me in everytime. Try some sugar free hot cocoa. only 25 calories, gives you the chocolate fix & fills you up.
  • mappy
    mappy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    kristinamayer & mstahl are correct. I personally fluctuate 3-5 pounds during "that time of the month" and I always do back to the lower weigh afterward. I weight myself every two to three weeks at the same time of day.

It's amazing what you learn about your self and your body when you begin to be hyper-vigilant about how your body feels.

A bigger appetite is normal. You can eat more, just don't eat junk. Keep plenty of fat free yogurt, chocolate flavored protein shakes and fresh or dried grab-able fruit in the house.

You can do it!