How a lady on mfp helped me..............

Options
I started out at 220 pounds in January at 5'4 inches tall. and down to 182 pounds. I was aiming for a very unhealthy goal weight for my height would have gone from to fat to too skinny. was really obbessed with thinness and food. afraid to eat anything with carbs/ fat or protein because of going over so I would not allow myself to eat or if I did I would immediately feel the need to burn off everything I ate panick mode setting in. this kind lady triciaB posted about her success story of being 5'4 inches starting out at 218 pounds and reached 134 pounds. she looks amazing. I saw that photo and said this is a much heathier weight loss goal. so I went on the scoobysworkshop to calculate my calories for my new goal weight which is 1504 calories and upped them. this ladies post renewed my confidence that I too can achieve this and be another success story.

Replies

• smn957
    smn957 Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow you lost 48 lbs in seven months... That's great. How did you do it?? I'm 5'2" and started at 164 I think. Now I'm at 155lbs. I want to get to 125lbs. And maintained under 130lbs I pray that I could do it.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I set mini goals for myself and still doing make small changes. in 1996 I weighed even more 250 pounds but because I went up and down I didn't count that. I joined the group eat more to weigh less. they helped me in the fact to show me the correct calories to eat but I did it a bit different I don't want to maintain my 182 pounds so my mom said why not calculate your goal weight calories and eat by that. so I am doing that now of course:) I also began to up my work outs I wasn't working out enough. in the spring of 2011 I began doing a couch potato to a 5 k run it was 12 weeks. when I began I was a size 24W and then about 6 weeks into it I went down to a size 18 regular. then in summer 2011 I did my second one and went down to a size 16 regular. working my way to a size 14 I fit in some but need about 5 more pounds to fit comfortably. you should friend my friends triciab79 and crista both have lost lots of weight are huge helps to me.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Awesome, sounds like you're doing great!
  • mommymeesh
    mommymeesh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I'm only 5'1" and I've picked a goal weight still overweight or even obese by all the charts - 150 lbs. The reason I chose this weight is because A. it's what I weighed in high school and I was healthy and athletic then and B. I've NEVER been thin and 150 is still waaaaay better than 263 which was my starting weight. I think healthy is different for everyone. If it were about looks for me, I guess my goal weight by all the charts is closer to 105 lbs. for my height, but I have to look long term at what I can realistically hope to maintain. I'm proud of you for seeing that an arbitrary number picked by someone who does not know you or your body is not necessarily the right thing for you!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    well a lot of the obest statics are way off. according to them Arnold Schwarnegger looks obese. personally I think those who do it know nothing about it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!