Weigh in help??

Options
I know I shouldn't but I weighed myself yesterday and I was 3 pounds lighter, weighed myself tonight after a lot of exercise and I've put 2 on? I've drank 4 bottles of water today plus pepsi max..

Do any of you weigh in heavier in the evening than in the morning?

Replies

• ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Always weigh more later in the day than first thing in the morning.

That's why it is recommended to always weigh yourself at the same time of day.

First thing in the morning (after going to the bathroom), you're empty and dehydrated, so that's the lowest you'll weigh in for the day.
  • RES2333
    RES2333 Posts: 36
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate throughout the day. The best thing to do if you are going to weigh in everyday is weigh in at the same time everyday. If I weigh myself in the evenings it has always been higher than the weigh in the morning.

I do it first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything.
  • DisputedEnds
    Options
    Water weight usually does that.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't but I weighed myself yesterday and I was 3 pounds lighter, weighed myself tonight after a lot of exercise and I've put 2 on? I've drank 4 bottles of water today plus pepsi max..

Do any of you weigh in heavier in the evening than in the morning?

Yes, every one does.

You ate food, you drank water. they add weight into your body.

Just stick to weighing first thing in the morning.
  • burtonhl
    burtonhl Posts: 57
    Options
    Every day my weight is higher by one or two pounds in the evening than it was in the morning. No need to fret - your body changes throughout the day and you're adding meals, water, even exercise, etc. I doubt there are many people that the scale doesn't tip a bit by the evening. You shouldn't spend anytime worrying about it.

I check my weight every day, but if it stresses you out - you probably should try to just check in once a week.
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I concur with all the above. I'd just like to caution you about such frequent weighing. Especially in the beginning. It's really easy to become discouraged with the whole affair by looking at the scales so often.
  • KaityRae
    KaityRae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    To put it into perspective, a gallon of water weighs a little over 8 pounds...
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself morning and night, just out of curiosity really.

I don't worry too much if there is not much change - or even if the change is the wrong way from one weighing to the next.

Oddly enough, some days I am exactly the same weight night and day - for several days.

On other occasions I am a pound or so higher when I go to bed than that morning and a pound less when I get up, compared with the previous morning.

I just note down each mornings weight - then cheer if it has gone down. If it has gone up a little then I just vow to try a bit harder next day.

I think the best way is not to take it all too seriously - as long as the overall movement is downward over a period of several days that is fine.