OH GOD THE CHAFFING!!!!

Options
So I've started running on a regular basis after a long period of in activity over which my thighs got fatter. The running program, and actually running, isn't so much a problem as friction burns on my thighs. What can I do to fix this?

Replies

• slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Longer pants might work....tight-fitting ones that won't move when your legs move.
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just apply deodorant to the inside of thighs. I have to do it! Works perfect ever time!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Tights - you can get tight shorts long enough to cover the problem area. And, no, youndont have to run just in tights, you can throw a loose pair of shorts or pants over top.

You can also try stuff like Bodyglide( in sports stores, looks like a stick of deoderant, meant for this use), vasoline - cheaper and same idea, baby powder - all which I have used with some success. For longer runs, they didnt work for me, but were fine for shorter one ( but I sweat a lot). Another recent thred people suggested anti- perspirant - which I havent tried.
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    Goldbond powder maybe.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    anti monkey butt powder.....google it.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    There's stuff they sell at running shops... I think it's called Body Glide maybe? I was having a similar problem, but not on my legs, I wear yoga type pants that don't shift much. I haven't gotten anything for it, since tighter gear seems to have fixed my problem for now.

Yay running! I love it.
  • Razack541
    Razack541 Posts: 29
    Options
    You guys are awesome. I'll try out your suggestions. Thanks!.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Same problem relieved with compression shorts under my running shorts.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    They actually make creams specifically for this. If a running shop won't have any, you can get chamois cream from a bike shop instead.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Its funny but shaving leg/other hair keeps it less moist and helps alot. Additionally compressive running underwear solved it for me. Ive been there and I remember the pain...
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I usse deoderant and it works really well :)

I have heard of Body Glide and I will be trying that as well!