High protein, low calorie suggestions needed.

Options
dorite7
dorite7 Posts: 27 Member
I am trying to keep my protein close to 100 grams a day and yet I still want to be around 1100 calories. My main staples are eggs, fat free cottage cheese and skim milk......can anyone suggest to me more high protein, low calorie items because even though this 'plan' works great, I am slightly in need of a change!! Thanks!!

Replies

• raiseyourgame
    Options
    Hi there!!! I am on a high protein plan as well, as well as low carb. I suggest:

-Egg whites (the kind you buy in the carton) - only 30 cals per quarter cup!
    -Protein powder (not just for bodybuilders) - mine is 115cals per scoop with about 1 gram of carbs
    -Greek yogurt (0% fat kind, I like the Liberte brand) - 100cals per 3/4 cup
    -Tofu (if you like it) - 280 cals for the WHOLE package! :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i eat low carb, but high fat, and my cals are always low.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, boneless skinless chicken breast, shrimp, tuna steak, protein powder, cottage cheese, scallops
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    A. You should probably be eating more calories.

B. Protein powder
    Skim milk
    greek yogurt
    chicken breast
    tuna
    tilapia
    shrimp
  • goatfishtwo
    goatfishtwo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's an insanely low calorie goal, I'd seriously suggest upping that to at least 1600. The diet you're on should be one you can live on and live with for the rest of your life. It shouldn't be so extreme that eventually you'll be deficient and sickly. It's important to consider this because once you have reached your weight goal and you go back to what would be considered a standard diet you will be basically undoing everything you did. Generally speaking.

Also, eating a high protein diet isn't particularly healthy if you're not doing strength training.
  • elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt
    egg whites and beaters
    cottage cheese
    whey protein powder
    tofu

Those are the lowest cal, highest protein foods I eat.