"ugw" achieved

Options
i am 5'3, and I started out at 141.2 pounds. after reading a ton of weight loss blogs, I determined that everyone's "ideal weight" for 5'3 was 110 pounds. So I adopted that goal too. However, 15 weeks later, I am now 112.4. At first I was totally determined to lose that last 2.4 pounds, despite all the admonitions to "not lose any more or you'll disappear!" But then I realized getting down to 110 was pointless. I am totally happy with the body I see in the mirror. So why shouldn't I be happy with the number I see on the scale, even if it isn't my original goal?
Has this happened to anyone else? (:

Replies

• raiseyourgame
    Options
    First off, congrats on the weight loss!!! This hasn't happened to me, but an ideal weight is such a general thing that it's good to stop where you feel is the right weight for you. I'm 5'3 also and trying to get around that weight :)
  • AmyPearshape
    AmyPearshape Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good for you! If you are satisfied, you can focus on maintaining! No, this hasn't happened to me yet. I'll know my ideal weight when I see/feel it. I look forward to getting there. I think you have the right outlook.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Not only have you worked hard and accomplished a lot, but your mindset is totally healthy and awesome!!

I'm 5'4" and at first my goal was 130, but I'm thinking I may have too much lean body mass for that to look healthy. You never know until you reach it. We're all different, and I envy you for not getting tied up on the number. It's all about how you feel and look.

I hope I can have such a healthy outlook.
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is also 110 but y' know 112 sounds pretty awesome too...:)
  • Vnhealth
    Vnhealth Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, CongratuIations on your weight loss. You've done a really awesome job by losing 29 lbs in just 15 weeks. Hats off to you!! Can you please share with us your success story that how you've lost so much in such short time. I am 5'-0" current weight is 141 lbs and my first goal is 110 lbs and second is 105. I will decide after reaching to my first goal that I want to lose 5 more or not. So please share your tips that would be really helpful and can you also post your before and after pics. Thanks in advance.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yes don't worry about the last bit if you like your body! I am experimenting with my first week of maintenance. 10 pounds early. I like my 145 pound body better than the memory of my 133-135 lb body from several years ago
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    i am 5'3, and I started out at 141.2 pounds. after reading a ton of weight loss blogs, I determined that everyone's "ideal weight" for 5'3 was 110 pounds. So I adopted that goal too. However, 15 weeks later, I am now 112.4. At first I was totally determined to lose that last 2.4 pounds, despite all the admonitions to "not lose any more or you'll disappear!" But then I realized getting down to 110 was pointless. I am totally happy with the body I see in the mirror. So why shouldn't I be happy with the number I see on the scale, even if it isn't my original goal?
    Has this happened to anyone else? (:

Congratulations!

Everyone's goal weight should be the weight they feel happy with their body, not a number on a scale - you have a fab attitude :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!