Rough day. So what am I doing? I'm dreaming about waffles.

Options
So, the drivers side window in my car broke today. It suddenly wouldn't roll up and as I was driving, the window slid down into the abyss (inside the door). Now normally, this wouldn't be a HUGE deal. But this car has been in the shop repeatedly in the last few months and I am at my wits end. It really put me in a mood. :grumble:

So tonight, as I am getting home and dinner prepared, all I can do is dream about waffles. Covered in butter and syrup. Now, I don't normally crave waffles. Before MFP, I could go months without waffles. In fact, even when I did eat waffles, I didn't particularly LOVE them. If it wasn't clear before, it is now. I am an emotional eater.

Talk me down folks, talk me down.

Replies

• jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    NO WAFFLES!! Remember, if you eat them you'll have to go spend an hour in the gym working them off! NO WAFFLES!!
  • Dayna5K
    Dayna5K Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dont eat the waffles!!! It'll be okay. Your craving will go away in a few minutes and you will get your widow fixed. All will be right with the world

Just DON'T eat the waffles, at least not with syrup :smile:
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options

This! You can have one Eggo blueberry waffle with no syrup...and then be done =)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Google 'my sweat smells like syrup' It might help you fight that craving.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2010/06/the-mystery-of-the-maple-syrup-smell/57980/
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I assume you're talking homemade, full fat waffles?
    As I allow myself an occassional 'treat' of Nutrigrain waffles (1 waffle, 1/2 serving) with 1/2 serving of sugar free maple syrup,.
    Its not the healthiest option out there, but it certainly won't kill your diet for the day and it will fulfill your craving.

Another option I have done in the past to curb my pancake cravings is -- get crumpets (they were available at Trader Joes, not sure if commonly available tho) and use honey. Small portion.

But I guess I'm not talking you down off the ledge, am I? Ok, so.. don't do it!! Think of how you will feel after you eat it. You will feel guilty. :-)
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    Think of how you will feel after you eat it. You will feel guilty. :-)

Guilt is not something you should EVER EVER associate with food.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Waffle is a funny word. Waffle. Waffle. Hahahahahahahaha!
  • hollyNhollywood
    Options

ALrighty.
    I'm trying to be supportive.. Which is why I chose options to eat the food and not deprive
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    whole grain frozen waffle + small bit of margarine + drizzle sf syrup. I don't see the harm. It will satisfy the craving and be way less calories than going to waffle house/ihop.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options

ALrighty.
    I'm trying to be supportive.. Which is why I chose options to eat the food and not deprive

I know you are trying to be supportive. Feeling guilty about food doesn't help anyone though. It usually seems to lead to that, oh, I overate, I feel guilty, I may as well eat more because I feel crappy thing that never ends.
  • h2oophelia
    h2oophelia Posts: 48
    Options
    I assume you're talking homemade, full fat waffles?
    As I allow myself an occassional 'treat' of Nutrigrain waffles (1 waffle, 1/2 serving) with 1/2 serving of sugar free maple syrup,.
    Its not the healthiest option out there, but it certainly won't kill your diet for the day and it will fulfill your craving.

Another option I have done in the past to curb my pancake cravings is -- get crumpets (they were available at Trader Joes, not sure if commonly available tho) and use honey. Small portion.

But I guess I'm not talking you down off the ledge, am I? Ok, so.. don't do it!! Think of how you will feel after you eat it. You will feel guilty. :-)

Yes, the dream includes homemade, full fat waffles. The craving is subsiding thankfully. Got myself an ice tea with lemon and feel a lot better. This is just the first mental struggle I've really had since starting. I believe in treats once in a while, but today, it doesn't fit into my macros and I'd rather treat myself with something that I really LOVE.

Thank you all for the support!!
  • h2oophelia
    Options

ALrighty.

I know you are trying to be supportive. Feeling guilty about food doesn't help anyone though. It usually seems to lead to that, oh, I overate, I feel guilty, I may as well eat more because I feel crappy thing that never ends.

And thus begins the story of my life........well, not anymore! :happy:
  • hollyNhollywood
    Options

ALrighty.

Well that is a bit of a generalization. People react differently. Some can allow themselves that one guilty pleasure and be done with it. Some may fall right off track and not get back on. -- I personally say everything in moderation and you shouldn't say no to foods.. Just watch your servings and don't have it often.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Two multigrain waffles (eggos)= 170 calories (140 with the low-fat ones)
    One tablespoon of Lite I can't believe it's not butter= 45 calories
    One tablespoon of Honey (great value brand) = 60 calories

275 calories!!!!

Not much guilt when it's less than 275 calories!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

This! You can have one Eggo blueberry waffle with no syrup...and then be done =)

I'm off to the store because now I'm craving waffles lol. No bad! Remember calories in calories out. Will power lasts a life time!
  • hollyNhollywood
    Options
    By the way, I didnt have time to cook dinner & had no leftovers (I work late hours and often have to work thru my "dinner break")...
    And I eyed the Nutrigrain waffle in my freezer ;-)
    But made something else quick...
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options

ALrighty.

Well that is a bit of a generalization. People react differently. Some can allow themselves that one guilty pleasure and be done with it. Some may fall right off track and not get back on. -- I personally say everything in moderation and you shouldn't say no to foods.. Just watch your servings and don't have it often.

My point is not coming across well on the interwebz today. I agree with everything in moderation. I had a twinkie this afternoon. I won't feel guilty about it. It fit in to my day today, and even if it didn't, I move on and keep going. There are times I may regret that I ate or drank something, but I'll save guilt for the really big things in life, not my food.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I approve of this discussion.

EDIT: If you want will power. DO NOT. I repeat do not view my profile photos.
  • h2oophelia
    Options
    I approve of this discussion.

EDIT: If you want will power. DO NOT. I repeat do not view my profile photos.

Well, I'm an emotional eater AND I have no willpower.....I looked. But I'm okay. :laugh:
  • tracy1031
    tracy1031 Posts: 36
    Options
    Sudden cravings... are you preggers? =-P