Raspberry Keytones?

Options
My mom bought me a bottle of raspberry keytones. The only thing I have heard is "Dr. Oz reccommends..." I am doing well with logging all my food and working out and I will not change that. I am making a lifestyle change. Thoughts or opinions on rasperry keytones?

Replies

• Mahalo123
    Mahalo123 Posts: 5
    Options
    my sister and i are trying it too. we'll see:smile:
  • juliemval
    juliemval Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My mom saw it on Dr. Oz and she's been taking them. I take them most days but haven't noticed a huge change, on days I take sometimes I'm not as hungry and some days it feels like they have helped with bloating. I'm not completely sold on them though... :)
  • laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options
    my sister and i are trying it too. we'll see:smile:

Good deal, glad I am not the only one out here! :smile:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I'm selling snake oil for 25% off what you paid for the raspberry keytones. I accept paypal.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I'm selling snake oil for 25% off what you paid for the raspberry keytones. I accept paypal.

^ LOL
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Are they slimming pills or what? never heard of them before
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is really smart. At getting rich off the crap he promotes.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    mindexploded.gif

Lining the Docs pockets I see???
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    In general when you see the word Ketone the product will help fat loss. However raspberry Ketones help promote it and it's a very natural slow loss nothing out of the norm for a person doing the right thing anyway. on the fiiter side of things could lose anywhere from .2 of a pound to the not so fit 2-3 pounds a week,

My sister uses them....but she isnt doing anything....like no healthy eating no excersise shes losing maybe 2 pounds every two weeks.... so I guess somethings gotta give right? :S ( i guess she thinks its some miracle pill....)

Its something to try and form your own opinion about.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    From what I've read there has been no concrete study that they work for fat loss in humans.

Dr. Oz unfortunately will promote anything that he is paid to regardless of whether it actually helps people or not. I'm sure you'd lose weight taking every pill he promotes because they'd make you too full for real food he promotes so many of them.
  • laulyn
    Options
    Lotsof varying opinions. Very interesting. I will finish up the bottle and see what I think. I take other supplements, which I know are legit, like iron and vitamin D. Lol. Either way, my mom means well, and it is her version of support, so I will gladly accept it. Don't tell her about the other bottles of things in my medicine cabinet I didn't want to try, including, but not limited to snake oil. :laugh:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...The only thing I have heard is "Dr. Oz recommends..."
    Which immediately pegs the B.S. meter for me. IMO, Dr. Oz is a *kitten* who sells himself to the highest bidder. The only place his snake oils will make you lose weight is in your wallet.
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    My mom bought me a bottle of raspberry keytones. The only thing I have heard is "Dr. Oz reccommends..." I am doing well with logging all my food and working out and I will not change that. I am making a lifestyle change. Thoughts or opinions on rasperry keytones?

I tried these. Am actually still working my way through the last few of the bottle. (Paid for them!!!)

For me, they didn't work. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

They did seem to suppress my appetite a little.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Any of these pills that come out to supposedly help fat loss either make so little of a dent that they're not worth the money, or they make a significant difference, but get pulled from the shelves soon enough for causing life-threatening symptoms and even death, in consumers. I've seen enough of the "latest" product and how to push it, from my time working for GNC (I wasn't in sales, I chose to be the stock person, but I got to watch my coworkers do the shpiels). The sheer amount of scripted "provided by the manufacturer"-type BS I overheard was nauseating.

I'd rather increase my workouts by a few extra minutes, and save my wallet from taking a hit. Besides, it's much easier in the long run to actually change your lifestyle and get at the root of the problem, than to try and mask one's issues with magic pills. You can't take magic pills forever (unless you're wealthy, always). What does a person do when they suddenly can't rely on the pills anymore?
  • laulyn
    Options

I tried these. Am actually still working my way through the last few of the bottle. (Paid for them!!!)

For me, they didn't work. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

They did seem to suppress my appetite a little.

Good to know, thanks!
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    the magic pill in weight loss is HARD WORK
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz? Here's what you do when you watch his show... ignore everything except the advice to eat more fruit and veg, lean protein and low fat dairy (is that still his thing? The man was way into salmon and berries at one point), and only eat these foods because they taste good, provide you with fibre and protein, vitamins and minerals and make it easier to achieve to a calorie deficit.

Everything else is garbage. He's a total quack pushing homeopathy, naturopathy, etc and supplements whose safety is unproven. If you want to be a guinea pig for what could be a capsules of powdered goat vomit, then hey, who am I to judge how you get your kicks? But don't kid yourself into thinking that this witchdoctor and his sponsors will help you lose weight.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Lotsof varying opinions. Very interesting. I will finish up the bottle and see what I think. I take other supplements, which I know are legit, like iron and vitamin D. Lol. Either way, my mom means well, and it is her version of support, so I will gladly accept it. Don't tell her about the other bottles of things in my medicine cabinet I didn't want to try, including, but not limited to snake oil. :laugh:

Vitamin pills aren't just expensive placebos (although they frequently are). You should be taking iron if blood tests indicate that your levels are too low. You should be retested regularly to monitor your blood levels. Taking in an excess of iron can sometimes have very unpleasant consequences.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    He's a cardiothoracic surgeon that graduated from Columbia, one of the prestigious medical schools in the country.

However . . . that means he only specializes in one field, and probably only has a general grasp of everything else. His educated guesses seem to be getting farther and farther away from the actual truth. Medical science isn't always happy truths, and the fact he's selling his educated guesses like the actual truth isn't good practice for a doctor. Even doctors make mistakes, and he's been getting plenty of money and ratings for them, he's not looking too credible anymore . . .