n00b needing some critque

Options
Hey guys! I joined earlier this year but have only been tracking on MFP for a few days now. I haven't started exercising yet, because I'm trying to get on a good path with about two weeks of consistently eating right and then I'll run into the exercise. I have a LOT to lose and I'm concerned I might be eating way too little already, could anyone please take a look at my diary and give me some suggestions/critique?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You are way uner your calories. Stand by while I look...
  • Craigmad2
    Craigmad2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Definitely dont need to go below 1200 calories. Dont deprive yourself. Its good that your keeping your carbs close to a 100 each day. The lower the carbs and sugar, the more fat you're going to loose. Keep up the good work.
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    It would say that there's a good foundation there to build on. Right now you're way under what you should be eating and I am guessing you set up MFP to "love X lbs per week". If you did that you need to consume more and you'll end up spinning your wheels especially if you start exercising. On that note, why wait 2 weeks. For the next two weeks start going for a mile or 2 walk. It doesn't have to be strenuous just start moving. You have very little vegetables and could use more protein. Since you said you have a lot to lose you might want to change your Macro settings to 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat.
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Looks really good. Just not enough calories and carbs. I would add brown rice to the dinner and maybe get rid of the ramen and sub with whole grain pasta salad. Make it on the weekend and keep in fridge. Nice set up just not enough calories. Sugar seems to be repetitively high but it is fruit and I am pro fruit. Not eating your calories will put your body into starvation mode and make you stop losing weight. Good luck!
  • HorseWithNoName27
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm gonna try upping my macros to 50-30-20 and getting more calories in. Seems kinda silly to wait to exercise when I think about it so I'll start walking this weekend. Thanks for the feedback!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I would up your calories (eat more of the ones you have). You have a higher calorie goal but only use just over half of it.

If you find you have enough food in a day to keep you satisfied add small things that pack a higher calorie amount. Peanut butters, nuts, full fat versions of things, avocado, etc.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    Options
    Thanks, will do! I do love nuts and nut butter, so I wouldn't mind adding some of those in.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    MFP gave you 2k cals for a reason. Ditch the belief that girls need to eat 1.2k to lose weight. Eat what it tells you. Profit.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    1. EAT your WHOLE goal amount.

2. I love your badass flaming pony.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    MFP gave you 2k cals for a reason. Ditch the belief that girls need to eat 1.2k to lose weight. Eat what it tells you. Profit.
    this man speaks....
    datruth
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'd have a bit of a bigger breakfast and add some protein to you lunch. Looks like you're eating a lot of good foods, but could use some more veggies and lean proteins.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    Options

You forgot the ??? in the middle :smokin:

But good advice!
  • HorseWithNoName27
    Options
    1. EAT your WHOLE goal amount.

2. I love your badass flaming pony.

Indeed, she is awesome :devil:
  • HorseWithNoName27
    Options
    I'd have a bit of a bigger breakfast and add some protein to you lunch. Looks like you're eating a lot of good foods, but could use some more veggies and lean proteins.

I agree with you on the breakfast thing. I usually don't have more than ten to fifteen minutes for breakfast, so I'm thinking of making protein shakes in the morning. That'd be a good way to add veggies too (spinach/kale in the shake). Thanks for the input!