Come offer some protein shake ideas =)

Options
I bought some protein powder for the first time this week! Can you lend me some ideas?

I bought chocolate and have done the following mixes:
chocolate powder, almond milk, banana
chocolate powder, almond milk, strawberries
chocolate powder, almond milk, peanut butter

I also bought vanilla yesterday and haven't tried it yet, so ideas for that would be great as well.
I wonder if I can do a pina colada twist with the vanilla somehow.

Thank you! =D

Edit: I should probably say that I'm not a fan of coffee =P But thank you for those ideas to the people who have already given them. =)

Replies

• MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Vanilla, almond milk, 1tbsp instand jello pudding (dry mix) butterscotch flavor....makes like a mousse, so you can eat it instead of drink it. :) sooooo good and a couple of ice cubes
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I pretty ;much only drink a shake made with low fat coffee yogurt, calicium enriched OJ, and half a scoop of choc protein powder. I get almost all my calcium for the day in it.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I do chocolate powder, 1 c. milk, and 1 tsp. instant coffee granules (reg. or decaf).
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Chocolate or vanilla powder with water and ice. Maybe drop some flaxseed in there

Yeah, I'm simple ;)
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My favorite

8 ounces of water
    2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
    1 Tbsp PB
    Ice

sometimes I put a whole banana in there..and sometimes I put 1 tsp of coffee granules. DELICIOUS!
  • rockerbaby2003
    rockerbaby2003 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet blender which is helpful for me making individual portions.

I like putting half a frozen banana with a few strawberries, vanilla protein powder, and vanilla soy milk.
  • andrearaquel48
    andrearaquel48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie with 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder, 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 non fat plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1 cup spinach, 1/2 TBS almond butter, 1/2 TBS chia seeds. Delicious, filling, healthy!!
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    2 scoops chocolate whey - 1 frozen banana - 2 tablespoons of PB2 (powdered peanut butter) - few ice cubes - about 2 cups water... DELICIOUS!
  • carcrsh
    carcrsh Posts: 70
    Options
    bump.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I post this every chance I get - it's my standard post workout shake. I have it almost every single morning:

2 scoops chocolate protein powder (Isoflex or ON Gold Standard)
    8 oz. no-sugar-added almond milk
    1/4 cup oatmeal (dry)
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 tblsp chia seeds
    6-8 oz cold decaf coffee (I know the OP doesn't like coffee, but I just started doing it, and I love it)
    5 grams glutamine
    5 grams BCAAs
    5 grams creatine
    2-3 ice cubes

Blend like crazy.

Occasionally, I add some almond butter (yum, but that pushes the calories up over 600), or half a banana (but again, adds like 50 calories of mostly sugar, so I've mostly given up on it)
  • 7destiny
    7destiny Posts: 31
    Options
    I am also a cold coffee fan! I like it for the caffeine boost, plus it doesn't add any calories. But I also like vanilla collagen sport with Thai iced tea, which I Whole food markets. I make the day before and chill to use in the am. Great on these hot days.

If you are still into almond milk, op, try frozen cherries with your chocolate!
  • SteffieSunshine
    SteffieSunshine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    On a website I saw (I'm not sure if I can name other websites?) she suggested Artisana Organic Coconut butter from Trader Joe's. She puts it in Chocolate, but you could probably use it with Vanilla and a little pineapple juice and get a pina colada flavor. It seems to be the equivalent in fat & calories as PB.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Here's one I've ever so slightly modified from Jillian Michaels meal plan

1/2 banana
    1/2 cup almond milk (i use Blue Diamond or Trader Joes unsweetened vanilla, I have also used unsweetened chocolate.. yummy)
    1/2 tbsp better n peanut butter (at Trader Joes or health food stores, her recipe calls for almond butter)
    1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed (i have done it with this or w/ one scoop of my protein powder, but I'm sure you can do both)
    1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
    1 cup of ice

In a blender, place all the ingredients except the ice in a blender and blend until combined. Then add the ice cubes and blend until smooth again (I have it saved in my "meals" section and it is 160 calories)
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Before you add the banana, freeze it!! It makes it more like a smoothie and it is sooooo amazing!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Pina Colada

8 oz skim milk (or any kind of milk you use)
    2 scoops of protein powder
    5 chunks frozen pineapple (approx. 1/2 cup)
    1/2 tsp. coconut extract
    + 5 ice cubes
    Put in blender.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Tried the chocolate powder with fresh raspberries and almond milk... very yummy!

Also tried that chocolate powder with pb idea and it was soooooo good. Might be my favorite.

Tried the pina colada one and wasn't a fan at all. Nothing like I was expecting =/
  • KsCrafter
    KsCrafter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like the Vanilla protein whey powder, 1 tsp of SF/FF cheese cake pudding mix (dry), Almond mild, unsweetened, about 4 ice cubes it tastes just like white cake batter
  • maylene1853
    Options
    my favorites are

bpb

scoop vanilla
    a banana
    tablespoon peanut butter
    splenda
    almond milk

strawberry smoothie

scoop vanilla protein
    frozen strawberries
    plain nonfat greek yogurt
    almond milk
    ice and splenda
    (add banana for for a strawberry banana one)

and this is my occasional breakfast smoothie
    i eat it warm so some may not like it but i do and its extremely filling. and sticks to ya. lol.

take a packet of plain oatmeal mix with water and microwave cook it then blend it with a scoop of vanilla protein powder and some cinnamon,splenda, cup almond milk, if you want put a tbs pb.
    i drink this with a straw and love it.
  • rec212329
    rec212329 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wish I had of seen this before I bought the ready to drink protein shakes from GNC. I got the swiss chocolate and strawberry flavor. Tried the chocolate one this morning and the flavor was ok but could have been better and the after-taste wasn't too bad.They're good for when your in a rush like I am most of the time. I'm going to finish them up and go buy the powder cause the recipes on here sounds so much better.
  • maylene1853
    Options
    found this online pic looked super yummy

Frank Zane’s Protein Powder Piña Coladaprinter friendly
    ½ cup water
    ½ cup coconut milk
    1 heaping cup frozen pineapple
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1 scoop protein powder
    2 ice cubes
    Combine water, coconut milk and frozen pineapple in a Vitamix
    Puree on high speed until smooth
    Blend in coconut oil, then protein powder, then ice cubes
    Serve to hungry little children or thirsty adults
    1-2 servings

also they actually sell protein powder already pina colada flavor at gnc!